No HD signal

Did you change the setting from DVB-T to DVB-T2 for channel 60 (if you don't do that, you get what you reported)?

Trevor, would you do me a favour?

Go back to the manual installation page and change the 3rd line down, which starts with "Transmission" to read "DVB-T2". Note the 2 at the end of DVB-T2.
Then go back to the 1st line and change the channel to 60.
What does it then say is the Signal strength? And what does it say is the Quality strength?

After that do the same, keeping the Transmission as DVB-T2, with channel set to 30 and then with channel set to 40.

It looks as though Malvern is the correct transmitter for your current aerial.
The quality is really what matters but 35% does not leave much room for reliability. On one of my aerials I too get a very low HD strength and the time of day effects it the most. In the evening the HD from that aerial sometimes disappears. I should really get a more suitable aerial and downlead but instead use one of the other aerials the previous occupants installed.

What I think you should do for now is repeat the full manual retune for Malvern as that is the only transmitter you can get HD from with the current aerial you are using.
  • Make sure that you remove all tracies of the previous retunes by starting off an autotune and then cancelling it without saving anything.
  • Manually tune to each of 50, 53, 55, 57 and 59 with the Transmission set to DVB-T.
  • Manually tune to 60 with the Transmission set to DVB-T2. (With your current quality of 100% it will find the HD channels.)
  • Recheck the channel list Menu >> Settings >> System >> Signal Detection, to check that it lists 50, 53, 55, 57, 59 and 60 and no others.
I have another aerial where the reception improves in the evening. I live along way from any transmitter, but if this happens to you it could be that you live very near the Malvern transmitter and your reception is suffering when it gets too strong. Next time the HD channels cannot be seen do not retune but instead check the quality and strength for 60/DVB-T2.

Back