Noise when system starts up and put on standby

However, it does suffer from one very significant defect at the moment - it will not pass through the TV aerial signal while in standby.
AS you probably know, there is a post in another place which quotes a reply from Humax. This suggests that this problem may never be fixed on the HDR-2000T.

http://www.avforums.com/threads/humax-hdr-2000t-500gb.1823817/page-3#post-20241316

Edit: The link above doesn't seem to centre properly on the post, you may have to scroll up.

No display on the front panel and harder to tell what it's doing (only bi-colour LED). Matters to some.
I have been given a link to the forum for the HDR-2000T. So I am going to check it out, but I am begining to hope I still can get the Fox-T2.

Hi xyz 321.
I have looked at those comments on the forum. There seems to be a very lot of disgruntled people. I think it is rediculous that you pay out all that money for an item that you have to use splitters and whatever just to get it to work properly. Also that Humax knows there is a really bad fault but still puts it on the market. I would not be surprised if Humax does this, in the hope that a customer themselves finds a solution to the problems. There again, I find myself getting more and more cynical as time goes by

I think it is rediculous that you pay out all that money for an item that you have to use splitters and whatever just to get it to work properly.

If you mean the passthrough in standby, then that is really a result of environmental/legal pressures which all manufacturers are subject to (regarding power consumption in standby). Don't beat them up too much for it.

If you mean the passthrough in standby, then that is really a result of environmental/legal pressures which all manufacturers are subject to (regarding power consumption in standby). Don't beat them up too much for it.
They have to have a low power standby option available, but there is no reason that they could not have a higher power standby with RF passthrough too: this is better than leaving the unit on all the time. I know you can use a splitter, but daisy-chaining has been the norm ever since the 80's when people started buying VCRs. If they are not going to have an RF passthrough option, why not put a basic splitter in the box and why have an RF out terminal on the unit, why not just an aerial-in terminal? That might save them 10p in manufacturing costs. From what I have read this seems to be the key driver with the HDR-2000T.

I thougt I would update my progress regarding the noise on my Fox T2. Argos took it back with no quibble at all. I also managed to get another Fox T2 which is what I wanted. So hopefully this one will be OK. Thank you all for all your help and advice. It is much appreciated. pink boots:)

Back