Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant, thanks af123.

Just tried it on a test folder, and it moved the programme within it as required. The only thing it didn't do was to then delete the empty series folder that was left at the top level afterwards, otherwise just the job. :)

Would it also be possible when the new folder is created to specify whether or not to also create an .autodedup file in there, such that the programme names become a bit more friendly? My current script does this.

Brilliant, thanks af123.

Just tried it on a test folder, and it moved the programme within it as required. The only thing it didn't do was to then delete the empty series folder that was left at the top level afterwards, otherwise just the job :)
Hmm - it should have (although I'm going to make the way it's handled better in the next version)

Hmm - it should have (although I'm going to make the way it's handled better in the next version)

I checked the log, and it says it couldn't delete it because the directory wasn't empty - possibly a .series file left there?

You'll see I edited my previous post, but you responded before I sent it, regarding the possibility of .autodedup (and maybe even .autodecrypt whilst I think about it), in case you missed that bit.

Does anyone know what the function of the .series file is? It seems useless to me.

Does anyone know what the function of the .series file is? It seems useless to me.
It is used by the Humax software to maintain a count of unwatched recordings in a directory. It probably uses it for other things too.

Sweeper version 1.0.6 will properly remove directories that it has emptied out now. It also correctly resets the unwatched recordings flag on any destination folder into which recordings are moved and has improved logging for folder operations.

The folder scans seem to be working well for me.

Code:
# Sweep single Big Bang episodes into the series folder
lcn 4 title "Big Bang" action {move "The Big Bang Theory"}
# Move anything recorded from a children's channel to the Miscellaneous folder
lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} lock 0 action {move Children/Miscellaneous}
folder lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} lock 0 action {fileundercreate Children}
title {Formula 1} action {move F1}

from the log:

Code:
05/09/2013 08:00 - Moving recordings from /media/My Video/Avengers_ Earth's Mightiest Heroes to /media/My Video/Children/Avengers_ Earth's Mightiest Heroes
05/09/2013 10:40 - Creating /media/My Video/Children/Signed Stories
05/09/2013 10:40 - Moving recordings from /media/My Video/Signed Stories to /media/My Video/Children/Signed Stories
05/09/2013 19:10 - Moving recordings from /media/My Video/Octonauts to /media/My Video/Children/Cartoons/Octonauts

The latest version adds the move and movecreate actions for folders. I've updated the first post in this thread with more information.

Here's another example configuration file showing more of the options:

Code:
# Sweep single Big Bang episodes into the series folder
lcn 4 title "Big Bang" action {move "The Big Bang Theory"}
# Move anything recorded from a children's channel to the Miscellaneous folder
lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} duration {>= 90} lock 1 action {move Children/Films}
lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} genre Film lock 1 action {move Children/Films}
lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} action {move Children/Miscellaneous}
folder title {Octonauts} action {move "Children/Octonauts/Series 3"}
folder lcn {>= 70} lcn {<= 79} action {fileundercreate Children}
title {Formula 1} action {move F1}

Does sweeper somehow distinguish new recordings (and new folders) from old? The way the details are written seems to imply it will only act on new items, but I suspect previous recordings/folders will be caught up if the user modifies the config file and creates a rule match.

You're right, it will act on all recordings that are still at the top level or in a top level folder that was created automatically (it looks for the .series file)

Posted on the move; please excuse any brevity.

Hi af123, can I just check if this would work for me, so that I can get it to move all my new recordings under my folder "Programmes To Watch":

Code:
flag "New" action {move "Programmes To Watch"}

I therefore do not need to remember to keep moving them every day!

I'm not exactly sure what you want to happen but that will put all unwatched single recordings into that folder providing it already exists.

@Scuttlebroom: if you are trying to collect all new recordings into the one folder, you will need to be running flatten to extract series recordings from their folders into the top level first, and then there is no need to be searching for ones with the new flag (unless there are old recordings you want left at the top level). In conjunction with flatten, the one-line sweeper.conf file
Code:
action {move [Unclassified]}
collects all new recordings into an existing folder called "[Unclassified]" (the initial "[" character prevents this folder being subject to flatten, although there are other ways of doing this). If there is any danger of the target folder not existing, use "movecreate" rather than "move" (IMO, movecreate is the safer way to go by default, but as I was using this before movecreate was added my config contains "move").

If, on the other hand, you are trying to get sweeper to combine the action of flatten, you will need the "folder" options in sweeper, and I am not sure how you would protect folders that are not to be processed (does sweeper respect the no-flatten flag? It should be respecting the "[" prefix). Perhaps af123 could post an example config file which emulates the action of flatten, in which case we might be able to dispense with flatten.

I'm not exactly sure what you want to happen but that will put all unwatched single recordings into that folder providing it already exists.

Cheers af123, that is exactly what I want to happen, as I have a file structure under My Video which has various folders (films, etc) so I simply move all other recoding types into a folder called "Programmes To Watch".

EDIT: After a re-boot, it has worked perfectly, moving today's recording in the correct folder, now to simply add one for my other folder, Films!

@Scuttlebroom: if you are trying to collect all new recordings into the one folder, you will need to be running flatten to extract series recordings from their folders into the top level first, and then there is no need to be searching for ones with the new flag (unless there are old recordings you want left at the top level). In conjunction with flatten, the one-line sweeper.conf file
Code:
action {move [Unclassified]}
collects all new recordings into an existing folder called "[Unclassified]" (the initial "[" character prevents this folder being subject to flatten, although there are other ways of doing this). If there is any danger of the target folder not existing, use "movecreate" rather than "move" (IMO, movecreate is the safer way to go by default, but as I was using this before movecreate was added my config contains "move").

If, on the other hand, you are trying to get sweeper to combine the action of flatten, you will need the "folder" options in sweeper, and I am not sure how you would protect folders that are not to be processed (does sweeper respect the no-flatten flag? It should be respecting the "[" prefix). Perhaps af123 could post an example config file which emulates the action of flatten, in which case we might be able to dispense with flatten.

Cheers BH, I do run Flatten already, that is why I wanted to simply get sweeper to move all my individual recordings into "Programmes To Watch", as currently every week I have to move them manually, I do this as I am slightly (or more likely totally!) OCD in my filling being a Virgo!

Now I know it works, I can also get sweeper to move all my new films I record into the folder "Films" yippee!

Such a simply thing, but my life is now even easier!

Code:
# Send anything marked as a film to Films:
genre Film action {move Films}
# Send everything else to the pending folder:
action {move "Programmes To Watch"}
Of course, Programmes To Watch and Films must be protected from flattening.

Cheers BH, I only have Flatten on the root My Video, as I then sub divide films and programmes into further sub directories as required! (I said I was OCD!)

I am confused by that statement. flatten only acts on first-level folders. If your Films and PTW folders are actually second level or below, the sweeper.conf file needs to be told exactly where. As it stands, without setting the no-flatten flag on the first-level Films and PTW folders, flatten and sweeper will conflict with each other and flatten will remove recordings from those folders as quickly as sweeper files them.

Perhaps you did not understand my reply, I never said it only acts on first level folders, I simply said I only have flatten set on "My Video",as I then sub divide films and programmes into further folders as required. Therefore from that statement, it simply states I have flatten set on "My Video", and not set on any other folder.

I'm still confused. If you have the flatten package installed, all first-level folders (by which I mean all those immediately under "My Video"), and only those folders, are subject to having their contents shifted to "My Video" (and the folder deleted) unless the folder itself is protected by having a name which begins with the special character "[", or has been marked by the presence of a file called ".noflatten" (which can be added manually or is the flag used in the WebIF "Prevent Flatten" option).

If it were possible to have only "My Video" set for flattening, then flatten would not do anything at all. If your Films and PTW folders are first-level, then not marking them no-flatten would be disasterous because it would be pot-luck whether you found your recordings there (after sweeper) or returned to "My Video" (after flatten).

Perhaps it is your inclusion of apparently redundant information that makes me think you do not fully understand the interaction between flatten and sweeper. No insult intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back