Old sweeper package to file away one-off recordings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just uploaded a new version of sweeper which has a couple of new features in it.
The first is a web interface for managing sweeper rules. This is an initial stab at it but it is functionally complete. It will continue to evolve but please give it a go and post any problems or suggestions. It should be able to load and parse any existing sweeper.conf you have.
The second is support for defining sweeper rules on any folder, not just the top level. I expect that further actions will be added in due course.

You can access the web interface by choosing 'Sweeper Rules' from the OPT+ menu beside a folder. There needs to be an easier way to access the web interface for the top-level media folder rules but that will come in a future release. For now you can navigate up a level from the media root then click OPT+ next to 'My Video' there, or go straight to http://<humax>/plugin/sweeper/edit.jim

Screenshot%202014-06-04%2000.25.22.png

I clicked Sweeper Rules on My Video and got "Unhandled action: sweeper" (iOS/Safari)... but that's on HDR1 which still uses flatten not sweeper. Works on HDR3.

So.. why does HDR1 have a sweeper icon against the My Video folder (and Sweeper Rules in the OPT+)?

I clicked Sweeper Rules on My Video and got "Unhandled action: sweeper" (iOS/Safari)... but that's on HDR1 which still uses flatten not sweeper. Works on HDR3.

Edit: That likely means your browser is using an old cached copy of the javascript file for the browse page. Some refreshes may help and failing that try clearing the cache.

So.. why does HDR1 have a sweeper icon against the My Video folder (and Sweeper Rules in the OPT+)?
The sweeper icon is currently always shown against the My Video folder (that's a bug) and Sweeper Rules is in OPT+ for all folders (as it's the way into configuring things).

In the example below, I can't see an option to add rule actions, should there be a rule action icon at the end of every line, as there is at the end of the first row?
sweeper-rule-action.jpg

A rule can only have one action so you just click the Edit icon after the action to change it (the one after 'Continue to next rule').

Your icons at the top right are too high to - what browser are you using?

Ah OK, I made the mistake of assuming the rule action icon was only for the first line, rather than what happens when all 3 criterion on the left are checked.
I was wrongly reading 'Continue to next rule' as 'Continue to next line of rule'.

I am using Firefox 25.0, I reduced the size of the Firefox window so that the 'folder lcn 77 . . .' text wasn't too far to the right for the screen capture, but it looks the same on a full screen window

I need to find a way to clarify that. I did originally have additional headers above the criteria and action saying 'If all of:' and 'Then:' but it increased the overall height too much.

I am Mr. 'wrong end of stick' so it may not catch anybody else out, maybe you could display the 'rule action' and the '+Add Criterion' on the last line, if there is more than one

e 'folder lcn 77 . . .' text wasn't too far to the right for the screen capture
That red text is there mainly for debugging. It will probably be hidden on the final version (although the Toggle button at the bottom switches it on and off)

I only mentioned the red text as extra info. about the icons being too high, the icons are still above the 'line' on full screen and with no red text

With FF 29, they should be back down on the line where they should be but I can fix that for other versions.

Very nice, thanks!

I had been using comments in the config file to keep a note of syntax, have examples etc. That will presumably be over-written when I use the GUI to edit the file.

I can move my comments elsewhere, easily enough :)

thanks again.

In the GUI, the last comment above any rule will become the rule name, others will be lost.
One thing I'm looking at is the ability to disable rules so that they still appear in the GUI but aren't active.

I made a change using the GUI, to one of the rules' names (i.e. the comment).

On saving, got an error in red:
Code:
Bad directory, /media/My Video

and the file was not actually changed (although the GUI behaves as thought it was.

I have generated a new sweeper rule and re-booted the Humax, but the original/mod/etc/sweeper.conf file is still in place (complete with my #comment lines), however the new sweeper rule is not present, so I'm not sure if sweeper rules generate by the GUI are held in a different location

I have generated a new sweeper rule and re-booted the Humax, but the original/mod/etc/sweeper.conf file is still in place (complete with my #comment lines), however the new sweeper rule is not present, so I'm not sure if sweeper rules generate by the GUI are held in a different location
The rules for the top-level folder are still in /mod/etc/sweeper.conf but per-folder rules are in .sweeper within the folder.
There's a bug at the moment that stops you saving the rules for the top level folder.

When you click on the Save Changes button a message appears in red
bad directory, media/ My Video
is that meant to happen.

Also since the updates when I go back to browse folder on webif at the top it says
now playing My Video )
instead of saying which file is playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back