Olympic fun

Ha Ha. All I had to do was reboot!!!! Thanks to the wonders of the Custom Firmware.;) Edit. Not so b***** funny now.:(...
:rolling:
Nice to see CF users in a similar mess as the rest of us plebs!
Seriously, you'd think the "powers that be" would get their act together and stop this happening on every damned forced retune.

Well. After uninstalling Tunefix and tunefix update, retuning the box, re installing and setting up tunefix to include C4HD and CH5HD and rebooting, EPG now all present and correct. Restored schedule and that seemed to work OK with all the HD LCNs on the lower LCNsd as per tunefix.
What a balls up. What went wrong? Why did I lose CH4HD and CH5HD?

No.
1. Before the update, The HD channels were as I set them on 1, 2, 3 ,4 and 5 and as set in tunefix.
2. After the update and a reboot as EPG was empty as was the schedule.
3. BBC1 BBC 2 and ITV (all HDs) were on 1, 2 and 3 but there no CH4 or CH5. LCNs 4 & 5 were just not there, nada.
4. Not only that, the two HD channels were not listed in the lower part of tunefix, so I couldn't add them.
5. I uninstalled tunefix to get rid of its settings.
6. Then retuned. As expected, the HD channels were on LCNs 101, 102 etc.
7. I then reinstalled tunefix and all the channels showed up in the lower half of tunefix like they should.
8. Made the necessary changes in tunefix.
9. Rebooted. EPG now all OK.
110. Restored schedule from a backup from yesterday. Schedule now OK.
The question was, what happened to C4 & 5 HD at steps 4 and 4 where they had gone completely awol from my system? (they were not on the box EPG either)

They must have failed to tune during step 2. Without them tuned, they couldn't be fixed. Another retune and reboot may have done it.

5. I uninstalled tunefix to get rid of its settings.
What makes you think uninstalling gets rid of its settings? It doesn't.
The question was, what happened to C4 & 5 HD at steps 4 and 4 where they had gone completely awol from my system? (they were not on the box EPG either)
I guess we will never know.

What makes you think uninstalling gets rid of its settings? It doesn't.
I don't rightly know, but it seemed like a good idea at the time to try to get the missing channels back. Also I didn't want it to 'do its stuff' until I was happy that I had got the default stuff all present and correct after a reboot and the tunefix settings/channel reallocation sorted as I wanted them.

Who are 'the powers that be'?
Er, you've got me there! Just a waffle expression for (perhaps):
1) The Humax programmers? (for not having software on the boxes to cope with all these changes).
2) The people at whichever body authorises these updates on a regular basis?
3) The BBC? (because, according to the Daily Mail, everything is the BBC's fault)

COM8, which is live now, is going to be a problem as there is nothing suitable to clone using the existing tunefix architecture. I'd need to modify it, but haven't got time at the moment to do it and test it (and I don't have anything at all on COM8, as QVC* has been banished, so even that would be problematic).
A manual retune for COM8 is probably inevitable,
So (everybody starts every sentence with "so" nowadays it seems), I was wrong. I've just managed to add all the new COM8 services to an otherwise empty mux. :)
You should've waited Trev!

So you should have been quicker.:duel:
So what's this COM8 anyway? So I don't get that on Hastings so don't care:cheers:
So Graham Norton has a lot to answer for then.

I wrote a letter of complaint to Humax as my 2000T was in standby for 2 days and set to record a number of programmes. When I switched the darn thing on I found no recorded programmes and all recording schedules had been wiped. I had a less than pleased look across my face, the wife more so. :mad:

response from Humax Towers -
They say they are currently in the process of trying to design a new smart retune for the future which would mean the end user keeping their recording schedule as they are aware this does cause great inconvenience. Bet it won't be ready in time for the end of the Olympics so will be taking pictures of my recording schedule a number of days before this corrupt sporting event comes to a close.

So (everybody starts every sentence with "so" nowadays it seems)

I'm probably being pedantic, however, I refuse to converse with anyone that starts a sentence with the word "so". I don't know why people have started to use this awful form of grammar but it really should be a criminal offence.

I'm probably being pedantic, however, I refuse to converse with anyone that starts a sentence with the word "so". I don't know why people have started to use this awful form of grammar but it really should be a criminal offence.
So long! :p

Back