Pause on Live TV no longer works

fixdisk has now been running for 38 Hrs for last 14 or more every entry is about one recording .... :

The following file contains a corrupt block and can not be fully recovered.
Inode Pathname
18104950 /mnt/hd2/My Video/I Am Number Four_20200416_1850.ts
LBA: 1874872904 is on partition /dev/sda2, start: 2104515, bad sector offset: 18 72768389
LBA 1874872904 maps to file system block 234096048 on /dev/sda2
Block 234096048 is marked as in use
Inode: 18104950

The following file contains a corrupt block and can not be fully recovered.
Inode Pathname
18104950 /mnt/hd2/My Video/I Am Number Four_20200416_1850.ts
LBA: 1874872905 is on partition /dev/sda2, start: 2104515, bad sector offset: 18 72768390
LBA 1874872905 maps to file system block 234096048 on /dev/sda2
Block 234096048 is marked as in use
Inode: 18104950

There have been 45 of these entries so far each time LBA incrementing by 1
Should I continue to leave run .... on quite and delete that recording and start fixdisk again

Seems like it's getting close to the end (1TB disk?). I'd stick with it. Probably not much value now in the mentioned recording, though, but you can watch it on catch-up.

Up to you.
I would let it complete, delete that recording, and then rerun fixdisk again

A rerun should be much quicker since hopefully all the problems have been fixed.
OTOH if it turns up a new bunch of problems to fix it would be an indication the disk is continuing to fail.

The diagnostics now look like attached ..
Will delete that erroring recording at initiate another run

Should I run just fixdisk or should I add any attributes saw one post where it was said use fixdisk -1 -y
I did try looking in WIKI but could find no list of additional options

Attachments

• disk diagnostics.pdf
    59.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OK this 4th run was much quicker less than 3 Hrs.
Diagnostics now look like file attached.

Does this mean HDD is now OK ... or does it need replacing ? .... which was thought yesterday.

Attachments

• SMART dignostics.pdf
    62.5 KB · Views: 13
Does this mean HDD is now OK ... or does it need replacing ? .... which was thought yesterday.
I would be inclined to give it a try and see how things go. I know of one hard drive that was in a much worse state than yours but after being revived by fix-disk was still in active use three years later.

OK .... found one thing now not working ..... TRASH
if I delete a file it does not go into trash, do I need to reinstall app (don’t want to break anything)

Update - I have installed the app ..... is there anything else I should set as all seems to be at default.

Last edited:
OK .... found one thing now not working ..... TRASH
if I delete a file it does not go into trash, do I need to reinstall app (don’t want to break anything)
Just (re)install the undelete package (you may need the diagnostics page force force reinstall)

remember to keep [] around the folder name to prevent other packages looking into the folder
Strictly speaking it only needs the prefix "[", but users might like to add a suffix "]" for tidiness.

Regarding the whereabouts of the option to change the dustbin name from the default: see WebIF >> Settings >> Settings for undelete package >> Dustbin name.

OK ... fixed ..... Thnx although folder now called deleted files - not Trash.
Ideally there would be two folders - Deleted and Trash.
Deleted for programmes enjoyed but no longer wanted.
Trash for the stuff you didn't enjoy.
:whistling:

Back