Closed Poll Petition to Humax to Improve Customer Service

do you agree they need to improve customer service

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thought I revive this old thread to add my recent experience of Humax Customer Service.

I sent them a detailed email describing the problems as listed on the Humax Faults v. Serial Number thread here.

There was no response, so I poked them on Twitter @HumaxUK .

After a bit of to and fro, they tweeted that a response email had been sent.

This email said, in total,
"Please contact our technical support team who will be able to help you further.
Tel: 0844 669 8800"

Given that I had said all that needed to be said in my email, I was not best pleased.

I had to beat them up on Twitter.

I said why should I have to pay to report one of your faulty machines, with a side order of #customerservice?

After that, the system swung into action, I had an email with a warranty form attached, which I filled in and sent back.

I exchanged my faulty machine for its replacement two days later.

Incidentally. and off-topic, it looks like my faulty Grade A T2 from Humax Direct has been replaced by a brand new machine - I'll give it a week to weed out any faults before I install Custom Firmware onto it.

Personally never had a problem,
I had a faulty HDR T2 which was replaced with a working unit quickly.

Also the other day my remote failed - they sent me a new one out next day.

Email has never got much response. We have had excellent reports of the telephone service, however inconvenient it is to actually speak to somebody.

Like that !!! I have "liked" the Humax page on facebook but updates are few and far between apart from hawking the Youview box.

Lets see what interest we can get going with this, we have nothing to lose as at the moment the customer experience is very poor.
regular updates would be a start

Cheers Dave
If my recent experience is anything to go By I would have to agree, sent Humax UK Support an email last Sunday and then sent chase up several times but No response , not even the courtesy of a note saying we will get back to you . Amazingly poor response.

Would Vote YES if I knew how to , it's probably so Obvious I cannot see how to do it ?

Would Vote YES if I knew how to , it's probably so Obvious I cannot see how to do it ?

I think the clue is the "Poll closed Mar 4, 2011" under do you agree.

The problem with raising a petition of this sort is getting Humax to see it. There is not evidence the Humax reads these forums and if even if they do, they won't acknowledge it.

I agree with Black Hole, pick up the phone and give them a call, they don't take long to answer.
I can't fault their Customer service. On Monday I rang them as my youview box (I was a trialist) had a fault with its internet connection and invalid boot signature and by Wednesday I had received a brand new box.
P

The first HDR I got had some kind of fault, I contacted Humax support and they seemed very helpful. This is my one and only experience of them so I can only go by that. They were good to me.

As this thread seems to have come back to life I have reopened the poll. So anyone who did not vote before will be able to vote now.

Like I said before, pick up the phone!
I agree with Black Hole, pick up the phone and give them a call, they don't take long to answer.
I can't fault their Customer service. On Monday I rang them as my youview box (I was a trialist) had a fault with its internet connection and invalid boot signature and by Wednesday I had received a brand new box.
I agree that once the customer service system has been engaged, they are very prompt. But...
  1. If the provide a support email address, they should support that support email address ;):rolleyes:
    i.e. don't provide a support email address if you're not going to monitor it! :(
  2. Email is better for the customer as you can clearly state your case and you have a written record of your dealing with Customer Service.
  3. I resent paying daytime phone rates to rectify a problem not of my making,

I am in broad agreement, and perhaps the email should have an auto-responder stating the situation. However, email is too easy so no doubt all manner of minor complaints and user error comes in that way, overwhelming the real problems.

As others have mentioned I cannot fault them on their phone service,my faulty 15 month old HDR FoxT2 was exchanged for a new box within a couple of days of calling. I also avoided paying for a 08 call by using tel 02083266000 which was free for me.

When I called I used the number 0208 326 6000 (re: trog's note above).
DON'T TAKE ANY OF THE AUTOMATED OPTIONS, wait for the operator to answer, he/she will transfer you to customer support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lets see what interest we can get going with this, we have nothing to lose as at the moment the customer experience is very poor.
regular updates would be a start

Cheers Dave

I am suggesting it to Avaaz...

If you were in London and dialled 326 6000 then it wouldn't have.
But I guess the subtlety of what is the code and what is the number is lost on you, like a lot of other people.
It's over 20 years since Phone(y)day - you might have thought people knew what the 'rule' was by now...

Back