Portal & web interface disappeared

Hi can anyone help. I am connected to my network ( it says so on my router settings) but I can't load the portal ( I get spinning thing then it disappears. ) and my web interface won't connect! Is there anything I can do ease?

Hi can anyone help. I am connected to my network ( it says so on my router settings) but I can't load the portal ( I get spinning thing then it disappears. ) and my web interface won't connect! Is there anything I can do ease?
When did it last work? Have you tried using telnet to connect to the Humax?

Don't necessarily believe your router. Go to Menu >> Settings >> System >> Internet Setting >> Configure LAN and check the settings, then click Apply and see if it complains. If it does, try rebooting the router.

Presuming everything is well, but you still can't get the TV Portal connection and WebIF won't connect (check you have the right IP address as per the Internet Settings), you can try a ping from your computer (bring up a command line and " ping <IP address>", and you can try getting a Telnet prompt (see wiki info HERE - click), the results of which might help us diagnose what's wrong.

It seems to be ok. I think...!

PING 10.0.0.8 (10.0.0.8)
36 bytes from 10.0.0.8 : icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=572 ms
36 bytes from 10.0.0.8 : icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=473 ms
36 bytes from 10.0.0.8 : icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=19 ms
36 bytes from 10.0.0.8 : icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=255 ms
36 bytes from 10.0.0.8 : icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=8 ms
36 bytes from 10.0.0.8 : icmp_seq=5 ttl=64 time=220 ms
--- 10.0.0.8 ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 6 packets received, lost 0.0 %

Quote what the LAN and WiFi settings pages say, and what you see on the front panel display during boot.

Last edited:
Ok, thank you
On the front panel in a morning it just goes to BBC red button (I suspect it hasn't shut down properly from Disable OTA)

On a hard reboot:
Start system
Custom firmware 3.00
BBC1 HD

On the configure LAN:

Configure IP - DHCP
IP address - 10.0.0.2
Netmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway address: 10.0.0.1
DNS address 10.0.01

Seems like you have got the custom firmware installed with Disable OTA set as this switches to BBC red button by default at 04:20 and you also have Power on Channel set to 'Last channel'.
Is your router IP address really in the 10.0xxx.xxx range? They are usually (but not always) in the 192.168.xxx.xxx range.

Last edited:
I noticed the first couple of lines in your post and edited mine so that I didn't ask the question to which you have just answered.

Presumably your DNS address is a mistype for 10.0.0.1? Otherwise, it's wrong.

Back