1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems posting

Discussion in 'Site/Forum Issues' started by grahamlthompson, Dec 13, 2011.

1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson Well-Known Member

After replying to several posts two problems are recurring.

The text typed disappears leaving a blank response, requiring an edit to re-enter the text

or

A message appears saying that an invalid entry has been posted. Trying again so far has worked every time.

UPDATE

Just lost the text again, using the back button and re-posting seems to restore the missing text.

2. Brian

Brian Administrator Staff Member

I have not had this problem using Firefox 8, what browser are you using Graham?

3. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

If you are using IE, I recommend a reboot.

4. gomezz

gomezz Well-Known Member

I have posted today using IE9 with no problems.

5. grahamlthompson

Thanks
    Rebooted, posting merely as a test

Had the enter a valid message text but text survived a second post. I will see what happens. Having no problems with other forums.

6. Black Hole

Black Hole Ron Glum

No problems for me here either (IE8), but I do find this forum is the first to suffer, and if I persist long enough other sites go down too.

7. grahamlthompson

IE9. Just deleted the browsing history. I will see what happens when I click POST REPLY.
    That appeared to work normally. Watch this space.

8. Brian

I don't think you are alone with this problem, as I have noticed a few other members replying to a post with just the quote, and their reply in the next message. Some of these were new members so may have been user error.

9. grahamlthompson

Brian replying to this post as a test. After deleting browsing history and re-opening IE9, trying for an emoticon

10. grahamlthompson

Posting this after switching on compatibility mode. Still no emoticon

EDIT This time full text survived. Running out of ideas.

This time prevous post which said text after emoticon dissapeared, vanished itself

11. Brian

We will have to see if Michael has any ideas.:) emoticons working fine here.:)

12. grahamlthompson

Just posted a reply no problems (no emoticons though)