Problems posting

grahamlthompson

After replying to several posts two problems are recurring.

The text typed disappears leaving a blank response, requiring an edit to re-enter the text

or

A message appears saying that an invalid entry has been posted. Trying again so far has worked every time.

UPDATE

Just lost the text again, using the back button and re-posting seems to restore the missing text.

I have not had this problem using Firefox 8, what browser are you using Graham?

No problems for me here either (IE8), but I do find this forum is the first to suffer, and if I persist long enough other sites go down too.

IE9. Just deleted the browsing history. I will see what happens when I click POST REPLY.
That appeared to work normally. Watch this space.
I don't think you are alone with this problem, as I have noticed a few other members replying to a post with just the quote, and their reply in the next message. Some of these were new members so may have been user error.

I don't think you are alone with this problem, as I have noticed a few other members replying to a post with just the quote, and their reply in the next message. Some of these were new members so may have been user error.
Brian replying to this post as a test. After deleting browsing history and re-opening IE9, trying for an emoticon

Posting this after switching on compatibility mode. Still no emoticon

EDIT This time full text survived. Running out of ideas.

This time prevous post which said text after emoticon dissapeared, vanished itself

Back