Puzzle Corner

Okay...

Gimmes: A3 D2 C5 B5 C4 C2
[E2 E5] →︎ [E4 B4] →︎ A4...

Yes, I agree slightly more difficult, but not Moderate shirley?

Let's call it Tough.

C1 E5
[A1 E1] →︎ D1
[A4 D4 E4] →︎ B4 C4 B5
[D3 D5] →︎ D4 D2
[C3 D3} →︎ E3 E1 A1
[A5 D5] →︎ C5...

Unfortunately I'm getting nowhere with this one. Even getting to the point hinted at by your spoiler (if I interpreted that correctly, which I may not have), I could find no way to make progress. Have to start again from scratch later. It's as I said earlier, in general Saturday - easy(ish), Sunday - difficult. Even trial-and-error isn't working for me today. Bgr!

Even getting to the point hinted at by your spoiler (if I interpreted that correctly, which I may not have), I could find no way to make progress.
Explicitly:
A2=5
[D2 D3 D5] = [1 2 3] ∴︎ [D1 D4] = [4 5]. [B1 D1] = [4 5] ∴︎ C1=3 C2=2 D2=1 C3=4 A4=4 D4=5 D1=4 B1=5 C5=5 C4=1 E4=2 B4=3 B2=4 E2=3 E5=4 E1=1 A1=2 B5=2 B3=1 A5=1 A3=3 D3=2 D5=3.
QED

Last edited:
Explicitly
Ignoring your mistake with [B1,B1] :D , I seemed to have problems seeing C1. When I did see it (before the hints) I still didn't make much progress. I can see how you did it, and to misquote M&W - you've played all the right numbers, but not necessarily in the right order. I can't see E4 at the point you've put it. (That's probably my fault, the amount of pain killers I'm using for my dodgy knee is clouding my judgement).

Whatever they were, or should have been, I got the point and mostly followed your logic. Thanks. Now, if only I could train my brain to find the same...

I've lost my enthusiasm for puzzles, at least for the time being, but out of sheer listlessness I took a look at today's:

1663493920881.jpeg

Definitely on the easy side of moderate.

Yesterday's was really easy, and that was with no numbers supplied!
I'll see how I get on with the latest.

Back