PVR-9200T Software

Kenb68

I recently bought a secondhand recorder online but the software has never been updated and is running on PGXTF 1.00.01. This makes it pretty limited to use. I have trawled the web but cant find newer software downloads anywhere. I have a RS232 to USB converter so please can anyone advise me how to update it.

Martin has produced this download tool and instructions here. Humax seem to have destroyed their web-site so getting the latest software (v23) from them is not easy at the moment, however I'm sure one of us could supply you with it via e-mail.

Thanks Biggles but I have already tried this site and the link is dead. I was hoping someone might have an update still on their PC.

Moderator note. The link to the Tynecomp site is not dead. The link from the tynecomp site to the Humax site is currently dead as Humax are in the process of redoing their web site.

Thanks Biggles but I have already tried this site and the link is dead. I was hoping someone might have an update still on their PC.

I can send you a copy of V23 if you PM me your E-mail address.

PS Check your loader version - that may also be out of date, Latest is a409.

Humax seem to have removed all traces of the 9200 and other 9xxx machines from their web site. In fact there is hardly anything at all on it of any use. Support diverts you to a Youtube channel FFS. The "trade" link just points you back to the same page you're already on.
The new pages are all gloss and glitz and almost zero content. This usually means that are in deep s**t. I expect they'll be out of business altogether within a year.

Humax seem to have removed all traces of the 9200 and other 9xxx machines from their web site. In fact there is hardly anything at all on it of any use. Support diverts you to a Youtube channel FFS. The "trade" link just points you back to the same page you're already on.
The new pages are all gloss and glitz and almost zero content. This usually means that are in deep s**t. I expect they'll be out of business altogether within a year.

Well I agree with you that something seems to be wrong but try not to have a half empty glass all of the time.

The link to Flash 9200 isn't dead, however the Humax link on the Flash 9200 page is. Flash 9200 will do the job of loading the software and loader from your computer to the 9200, the similar Humax program is WDN4OAK which I have. BMAX has the v23 software, as I do, I also have the loader a409.

Problem solved thanks to BMAX. I had never flashed a machine before so it took me a while, mainly because the first USB port I tried didn't work. Thanks very much for your help.

BMAX if I sent you my email address could you also provide loader version a409 & the v23 software as I recently had to reset back to factory defaults to overcome a locking issue - TIA.

Just check your system status because going to default settings shouldn't affect the software. If this is not the case and BMAX is unavailable I could email you V23 but I don't have any new loader software.

Sorry must be going senile/blind as I sure the version was *.01 after the reset. Just went back to check & it is *.23.
I'll return the serial cable back to work - spent ages hunting one down as well.

My trusty 9200T recently went on the blink, probably because I let the HDD memory available drop to less than 10%. I note that the software and loader versions had never updated (I currently have PGXTF 1.00.06 and a4.08 respectivly). This was never a problem as the machine did all I wanted it to. When bringing up the menu page I have no reference to recording facillties and an icon for games has appeared. I have tried reformatting, but no joy. I have seen that some members here have access to the software and loader files for loading via a PC, now that Humax appear to have given up on these models. Could I ask anyone who has them to send me a copy please. I am a bit of a luddite in these matters but have found that perseverance pays off.

When bringing up the menu page I have no reference to recording facillties and an icon for games has appeared.

That is a good indication that the 'box' cannot 'see' the hard disk. If you are lucky it will just be the connections have degraded/loosened, so (assuming it's out of it's 2 year warranty) with it disconnected from the mains take off the lid and remove/refit/wiggle the connections to the disk. Reassemble and see what gives.
If that doesn't work it is probable the disk has died. You can replace them but it's tricky as the original type is hard to come by nowadays. So unless it is a newish box I'd be inclined to replace it (the whole box).

Could I ask anyone who has them to send me a copy please.
I can send you a copy of the current software if you send me your email address but I agree with MikeSh's analysis that the hard drive is almost certainly dead and will need to be replaced.

That is a good indication that the 'box' cannot 'see' the hard disk. If you are lucky it will just be the connections have degraded/loosened, so (assuming it's out of it's 2 year warranty) with it disconnected from the mains take off the lid and remove/refit/wiggle the connections to the disk. Reassemble and see what gives.
If that doesn't work it is probable the disk has died. You can replace them but it's tricky as the original type is hard to come by nowadays. So unless it is a newish box I'd be inclined to replace it (the whole box).

High mike,
I decided to put an old Bush freeview box in place while I opened up the Humax, it was duff so I put the Humax back in to at least watch live channels for a while, lo(?) and behold , everything was back to normal, so I believe your advice was correct, probably connections working loose. I intend to leave things as they are at the moment as I am going to go freesat in a couple of months. I will then open up the old Humax to see what can be done and if sucessful keep it as an extra recording facility. Thank you very much for the advice given. I would also like to thank Martin Liddle for the software provided. Again many thanks for the support, assistance and advice.

I can send you a copy of V23 if you PM me your E-mail address.

PS Check your loader version - that may also be out of date, Latest is a409.

I currently have V21 (PGXTF 10.0.21) and load Ver a 4.09 with all the problems that goes with it. Having spent hours browsing the WEB you appear to be my only hope of getting V23. Not sure I know how to send a PM as requested in your post but I would be very appreciative if you could assist.

Click on your "inbox" tool (near the top right of any forum page) and click "start a new conversation" (AKA "personal message" - ie PM). Alternatively, click BMAX's user name or avatar and click "start a conversation" in the pop-up box.

Conversations (or personal messages) are the forum equivalent of emails (ie private to the specific participants - and there can be more that two). Assuming you have not altered your profile settings, you will receive email notification of PMs.

I currently have V21 (PGXTF 10.0.21) and load Ver a 4.09 with all the problems that goes with it. Having spent hours browsing the WEB you appear to be my only hope of getting V23. Not sure I know how to send a PM as requested in your post but I would be very appreciative if you could assist.
File sent - good luck!:)

Back