PVR-9200T Software

Thanks BMAX, that did the trick. Just needed a USB to serial converter and 9 pin D Null modem cable.

Hi there, I'd like to update my 9200T to make sure it has the latest firmware and loader as recently it seems to have freaked out (menu screens have all turned bright red from blue. and the picture has gone crazy). I have a cable on order from Tronisoft as recommended in Martin's guide. Also anyone have any ideas why it might have done this?

Please could someone send me the latest files, loader version a409 & the v23 software?

Many thanks in advance..:)

A common reason for the 9200T to be displaying a colour hue is that the scart cable needs reseating.

I need to update my 9200T from V21 to V23.
Any kind person out there that can send it to me along with the download tool ?
Many thanks.

Martin,
Thank you for your very quick and positive response.
I have downloaded the tool.
Not sure how to get my email address to you as the forum does not allow me to post it.

Hi Guys,

Been reading this thread and I've got an ailing 9200T (320Gb) unit which must be six years old and has probably never been updated. Sometimes it locks up when deleting a recording and invariably, after a power cycle, new recordings are not visible in the Hummy interface.

Taking off the cover and connecting the PATA drive to a spare PC allows me to offload the recordings. Doing a reformat gets it running again for a while (usually a few months, or more accurately, usually until the disk capacity is at circa 90% used), but obviously this is less than ideal. I've inspected the board and can see no failing or bulging capacitors to make me suspect errors are happening for that reason.

I'd like to get my hands on the most current loader and software for the unit if anyone could be so kind.

Also, is it straightforward to fit a larger HDD into the unit?

Could anyone speculate as to whether SMART operates within the Hummy environment so that failing sectors on the HDD are logged as bad, or does the Humax firmware have no such capability to enable SMART on the native HDD? I ask because I'm suspicious that this may be the cause of the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Frank

I'd like to get my hands on the most current loader and software for the unit if anyone could be so kind.
Send me your email address to flash9200@tynecomp.co.uk but I very much doubt that it will have any effect on the problems you describe.
Also, is it straightforward to fit a larger HDD into the unit?
Yes if you can find a suitable drive of the correct type. The alternative is to fit a SATA drive and use an IDE to SATA converter. There is an absolute limit on the number of recordings of 512 so in my opinion it isn't worth fitting a drive bigger than about 600GB.
Could anyone speculate as to whether SMART operates within the Hummy environment so that failing sectors on the HDD are logged as bad, or does the Humax firmware have no such capability to enable SMART on the native HDD?
I am pretty sure that bad sectors are mapped out by the disk drive firmware and replaced by spare sectors. The problem comes when the supply of spare sectors is exhausted. As far as I know the Humax file system does not have a means of representing bad blocks.

Thank you. I have sent you my email address.

Didn't realise that recordings would be limited to 512, but I may try and work out if I could extend the HDD interface 'out of the box' to work direct with a caddy rather than keep it on an internal drive - then I can transfer them to my NAS periodically, and play them through the TV unit's ethernet connection instead of filling the Humax nearly up to fall capacity every few months.

Best wishes...

Frank

Thank you. I have sent you my email address.
Email with updates sent.
I may try and work out if I could extend the HDD interface 'out of the box' to work direct with a caddy rather than keep it on an internal drive - then I can transfer them to my NAS periodically, and play them through the TV unit's ethernet connection instead of filling the Humax nearly up to fall capacity every few months.
It may be possible but it would be so much easier with the later HDR-FOX T2.

Thank you again. I was looking at the 'managers specials' on the Humax site, but the 1Tb units aren't available at present, and having just forked out for a smart LG TV and soundbar I'm getting slightly hampered on the available budget remaining! Will reflash the 9200T and see how it goes. If it can muddle on for another six months or a year that will be grand... :cool:

I'll have a good look, thank you.

Meanwhile I got the necessary cables out of mothballs, and have reflashed the 9200T. No immediate noticeable differences, but it was running quite ancient firmware.

Meanwhile I got the necessary cables out of mothballs, and have reflashed the 9200T. No immediate noticeable differences, but it was running quite ancient firmware.
If it was running very old software then it would be a good idea to do a reset to default settings.

Doing a reformat gets it running again for a while (usually a few months, or more accurately, usually until the disk capacity is at circa 90% used), but obviously this is less than ideal.

Really not a good idea to push it that hard. A lot of people with problems seem to have their discs 90%+ full, possibly because it makes the system do a lot of juggling to fit things in. Probably increases the risk of hitting a bad sector too, but maybe not by much.
With our 9200 I always started deleting old stuff when it got over 50%, and will do the same with our HDR-FOX if/when it gets to that stage (with a 1TB disc it is taking longer to get there, but SWMBO is working on it :) ). If you want to archive stuff don't leave it on the box.

Hello, recently joined your excellent site. My vestel died and I snatched a 9200 from a well known seller, it has a409 loader and 1.00.23. Is this the current software please? Machine seems ok apart from slow guides. Took the 320gig from my vestel and as its a ace drive it appears ok. If one of you kind people could mail me current s\w I am forever grateful. I work for lg and I have the mirrored 232 cable. I assume thats the correct one. Many thanks.
Tony Walker

Back