• The forum software that supports hummy.tv has been upgraded to XenForo 2.1!

This is upgrade brings a number of improvements including the ability to bookmark posts to come back to later. Please bear with us as we continue to tweak things and open a new thread for any questions, issues or suggestions in Site/Forum Issues.

[qtube] Webif front end for youtube-dl

MontysEvilTwin

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Christmas. I used qtube to download a boxset. It downloaded episode 1 first (as expected) and then downloaded ep. 6 then ep. 5 etc. Why would it not download them in the order submitted (1-6)? I understand why, it sees a list of episodes 2 to 6 and downloads them from the highest number to the lowest. This is suboptimal behaviour since the timestamps mean that the episodes are displayed onscreen out of order. It is OK as I did not want to watch these all straightaway, otherwise after watching the first episode I would have had to wait for the second to download though I could have watched 4, 5 or 6.

peterworks

Ye Olde Bowler
The BBC are having problems:
"*** January 2019 *** We're aware that some people are seeing a "Download Failed" message when trying to download a programme via BBC iPlayer Downloads on computers."
This is affecting youtube-dl too.
On trying to use QTube overnight to download a BBC program it, as expected, failed. However, QTube left some 'temporary' files behind when it stopped.

Capture06-02-2019-10.54.19.jpg

Would it be possible to ensure that, either on completion or after a failure, all temporary files are removed?

Edit: It worked fine using the portal and saving the streamed file.

Last edited:
OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
Would it be possible to ensure that, either on completion or after a failure, all temporary files are removed?
The simple answer is No

There are a number of reasons for this:
  1. Youtube-dl resumes incomplete downloads - deleting files would force a complete restart from scratch
  2. If the failure is caused by a humax crash or power off no clean up is possible
  3. qtube is a very dumb front end to youtube-dl, it has no idea whatsoever of which files will be created by a download so wouldn't know what to clean up