[qtube] Webif front end for youtube-dl

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
However look at post #74 . probably not many non coders are gonna get involved with.
What has that got to do with it? This is a discussion about the -o option... which is purely optional. All the general user needs to know to use to qtube is:
Just paste the URL of a web page containing the video you want to download into the URL entry box, and click "Run download in background"... and wait for the job to finish (monitor the process queue and/or qtube log).
...which gets you the best quality download available.

Black Hole

No need to relocate files with getiplayer either
Why not? If you've used get_iplayer, the download is on your PC not your HDR-FOX. If you mean you can access your PC across the network, or connect your PC to a TV, you are being deliberately disingenuous.

i have no problem with you using whatever you want; I will argue with your implication that qtube/youtube-dl is pointless.

mihaid

first of all, I have not said or implied that dl is useless. you have assumed so but that's on you.

As a feature of the hdr is network access i see no disingenuity in accessing my download from my t2 at all. again, that's on you.

mihaid

What has that got to do with it? This is a discussion about the -o option... which is purely optional. All the general user needs to know to use to qtube is:

...which gets you the best quality download available.
well, since the title of this thread is **-dl I thought the discussion was about it not some optional thing. that's why I was regaling myself imagining your attempts on the ipad. good to see that it is still simple.

/df

I get it. However look at post #74 . probably not many non coders are gonna get involved with.

I would really like to see bhole have a go at that on his iPad.
#74 was really directed at Andrea whose post I was answering (and whose previous contributions indicated technical knowledge), and the qtube author. But even BH's iPad has some kind of JS-capable web browser that could run WebIF and WebShell, and telnet apps in its store, so you might be in luck.

Black Hole

But even BH's iPad has some kind of JS-capable web browser that could run WebIF and WebShell, and telnet apps in its store, so you might be in luck.
Of course I could... but I've never had much luck patching the code (regardless of what platform I'm working from), so I generally wait for the movie to come out. It is ridiculous to suggest that these (current) discussions are relevant to the casual user and a reason not to use qtube.

OP
MymsMan

MymsMan

Ad detector
A target folder field will be on the wishlist for the next version of qtube (if I get a round tuit)

The aim of qtube is to be able to copy a url from one web page and paste it onto another webpage, click and forget until you want to watch the programme on your TV.
No need to invoke command window and enter commands or to transfer files between machines