[qtube] Webif front end for youtube-dl

MymsMan

Ad detector
I have just uploaded qtube 0.1.0-0 to the (advanced) package catalogue.

This package provides a webif front end interface for the YouTube-dl packages

You can queue requests to be downloaded later using the Auto Queue processing, optionally specifying a start time, so you could queue all of the episodes of a series to be downloaded overnight.

Using the background option you also have the benefit of automatic resumption of download following power outage, system standby or other failure

You can also run downloads immediately but I suggest you only use it for very small files or when using -F to find the available formats.
If you use it for larger files you may see thousands of download progress messages (using --no-progress can cause premature time out of the window)

Qtube.png
I recommend the use of the --no-progress option when downloading in the background because the progress updates are too frequent

You can also queue downloads from a telnet command window
Code:
qtube -start time youtube-options URL

Last edited:
Funky things happen if you click either of the "Run download" buttons without filling in any of the other input boxes!

Thanks for this MymsMan - works fine and I will use it a lot. However a couple of observations:
1) Did a 'download now', left the page and, on return, all info was cleared. No way to know if the download was (still) running or not (I checked with FTP and it was). On completion there was no log.
2) Did a 'download now' and did not leave the page. The log output ran fine and showed === Done ===. However, on checking, the prog was not in the browse list. Checked with FTP and the download was still running (about 80 pct complete I think). Again no log.
3) Ran a 'download in the background' timed for 04:00 (my box comes on between 03:58 and 04:00 to, for instance, decrypt, shrink, etc). Worked perfectly and a log was created.

It would be nice to have a selection of options available as tick boxes (eg restricting image resolution and container type).
I'll think about it but want to keep it simple
Is the "run download now" button action protected in an abduco session?
No, because it needs to capture the output to display
Thanks for this MymsMan - works fine and I will use it a lot. However a couple of observations:
1) Did a 'download now', left the page and, on return, all info was cleared. No way to know if the download was (still) running or not (I checked with FTP and it was). On completion there was no log.
2) Did a 'download now' and did not leave the page. The log output ran fine and showed === Done ===. However, on checking, the prog was not in the browse list. Checked with FTP and the download was still running (about 80 pct complete I think). Again no log.
3) Ran a 'download in the background' timed for 04:00 (my box comes on between 03:58 and 04:00 to, for instance, decrypt, shrink, etc). Worked perfectly and a log was created.
My initial plan had been to only provide the background option (hence the package name) since full downloads are slow but thought it would be more convenient to have a foreground option when using -F to see he available formats.

I would suggest always using the background version for actual downloads - I haven't checked yet but it should resume downloading automatically following a power outage / system hang /standby

2) Cancel the recommendation to use the --no-progress option (at least with Download now) - if no response is seen the window times out and display done, but with progress displaying there could be many thousand progress messages - I haven't found a way of conrolling how frequently youtube-dl updates the progress it appears to be every second!
Another reason to use the background option

Have tried out Qtube/youtube-dl downloads from the BBC iplayer and works fine for me. Thanks for your efforts.

Just wondered if it will work with iPlayer Radio? If so, what format will the download be in?

Have tried out Qtube/youtube-dl downloads from the BBC iplayer and works fine for me. Thanks for your efforts.

Just wondered if it will work with iPlayer Radio? If so, what format will the download be in?
It should work. The format will depend on what iPlayer has available probably mp3

Dowloaded from iPlayer Radio OK. It saved as .MP4 as per video from iPlayer. Plays OK on the Humax and using VLC on my PC.

Great enhancement to the process. Thanks everyone.

Does it follow the general auto-process setting regarding upcoming recordings? The queue appears to have not restarted after a reboot, about an hour before a recording is due. The auto log shows the scans are occurring as expected.

I had this yesterday as well, but he queue started moving once there were shrink and decrypt processes in the queue.

It should work the same as other packages and respect the auto processing settings.
Shrink and decrypt entries in the queue will be processed before download
Deq should be in chrontab scheduled to run every minute

Back