Questions from a noob

We're talking HD-FOX running in HDRmode, right? I'm no expert on this scenario. We rely on the HDR's DLNA server function to do any form of decryption other than the OPT+ copy to USB (or a virtual drive), and I'm not sure whether the Humax server is functional in HDRmode on a HD-FOX. I presume the streaming you have done is by installing Mediatomb, and otherwise by network file sharing using CIFS or Samba.

If you were using an HDR-FOX, you would have access to on-the-fly decryption while downloading, and automatic decryption-in-place as a background activity.

This is the topic you need HERE (click).

Is it possible to copy from the humax HDD to the PC hdd via a network share, and while it copies it removes the encryption?
ie, remove the virtual drive and transfer to a network drive instead?
Yes, as long as the Humax UI OPT+ function is used for the copy function in the same way as the virtual drive would be used.

You may find it easier to use the new decrypt-in-place package - unencrypt

Now we're getting into the area I referenced in post 22 - whether the HD-FOX can decrypt-in-place in HDRmode, and whether it can be made to boot into HDRmode in the dead of night and do its housekeeping while the household is off-line.

During the night I left the box on, copying to the virtual drive, but something went wrong and it rebooted itself.
got up this morning, turned it off/on changed ip settings, rebooted once again and everytime it stuck in HDR mode.
The copy went fine too.

I tell a lie, it's in HD mode after the last boot.
Looks like a physical off/on drops HDR mode. But a soft boot keeps it in HDR (I think).
More tinkering required. I see no reason to turn it off once its in HDR mode though.

I noticed the HDD section was grayed out, but I am/was hoping all I need to do is format and re-aquire the HDD for recording?

Hmmm thinking about reformatting the hdd, won't this delete the cfw and packages too? Or are they in a protected partition?

If you reformat the HDD using the HD-FOX it will ignore all partitioning information and create one large partition formatted Ext3 (and the drive had better not be bigger than 1TB). As I have been trying to point out, the HD-FOX does not do its usual functions when running HDRmode. You have to switch to HDRmode to do decryption, and then reboot to normal to record TV - something it would be nice to do in the dead of night as an unattended operation.

I made a booboo, I deleted my account for the web access, I was constantly getting username and password requests on my iPad, and it was annoying to keep typing them in.
So I deleted the access from the settings, now I cannot access the web server.
Any idea how I can get it back please?

Are you sure you are entering the correct IP address for the Hummy and not your router?
I have mine fixed and once in I added to the Home screen on my iPad. I just touch the icon and I am in.

Looks like a bug in the web interface, once you remove the user it doesn't default back to the old non user name.
I suggest someone else try it and keep a coy of the cfw upgrade handy.

It's not an ip problem, the ip is set manually on the hummy and bookmarked on my iPad and desktop. Besides it did show the web interface on the background.

Looks like a bug in the web interface, once you remove the user it doesn't default back to the old non user name.
I suggest someone else try it and keep a coy of the cfw upgrade handy.

It's not an ip problem, the ip is set manually on the hummy and bookmarked on my iPad and desktop. Besides it did show the web interface on the background.

Did you reboot after removing the last user? The reboot is required to reconfigure the web server so that authentication is disabled. That may not be made clear enough! Re-installing the custom firmware isn't relevant, but it does force a reboot.

Back