Raspberry Pi DLNA Client

I've not managed to get the CEC (TV remote) to control the pi yet but Mad Iain is making great progress on getting DLNA TV's streaming SD content (http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/dlna-to-smart-tvs.1815/), with the Pi streaming HD it's now possible to stream between my rooms!

@af123 I thought the CPU was clocked at 700mhz by standard but I think you're right the XBMC for pi does or has a branch that overclocks it, if they can get a opengl accellerated Mpeg2 decoder going then the pi is in business, I keep wondering about the Xtreamer but I can't keep buying kit hoping one will stream it all ;-)

I did hope AppleTV may but reckon it will have the same issue as the Ipad2 which I have tested.

Friends have recommended xstreamer for some time, in fact I recommended one to my brother and he loves it.

Unfortunately I can't see one for anywhere near the price you got there, absolute bargain!!

a friend has being trying to get samba working on the raspbmc build - for this they advise you overclock to 900mhz! he's having some issues with stutter on HD, interestingly HD from the Humax works fine no stutter over DLNA / Wired Lan

RC4 of 'Raspbmc' (Debian-based XBMC distro for the Raspberry Pi) is now available, after a couple teething problems HDMI-CEC is now working very nicely. There are XBMC plugins for iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand5, all of which work very nicely plus a few others I've not tried. I think this little device has the potential to seriously dent the sales of smart TVs!!

Yes the broadcom chip in it can hardware decode but to keep cost down they didn't license it, 2.40 buys a license attached to the serial number in the chip.

VC-1 can also be purchased for 1.40

And for free the .h264 hardware encoding is now enabled so I believe people are working on making it into a pvr now, another note suggests it can do more codecs but I'm hoping that the mpeg will mean it plays all the humax records as it already played hd content fine :)

Will try over the weekend

Regards

Damian

:)

Well I ordered my 2 codes for a total of £3.60, Raspbmc rc4 installed and tv remote control / CEC is working perfect for me in this build, now to wait for order to be processed and keys emailed

blimey apparantly the .h264 may mean the pi is capable of realtime transcode of mpeg2 / vc1 to .h264 now thats scary a pi as a slingbox ?

Back