Beta [Real-time scheduling] schedule without rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure I feel confident changing lines of code, especially as the before and after look the same to me.
It's changing a lower case 'i' to an upper case 'I' in three places. How hard can it be (JC)?
If it doesn't work, you are no worse off - and you can always change it back or reinstall the package.

Aah, I can see that now you point it out. I am having to use iPad this morning as wife off furlough and using PC for work. Sorry.

I assume I would need something beyond the capabilities of the file editor in diagnostics.

It seemed to get beyond where it was previously stuck, only to stick somewhere else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Checked file editor (still on iPad unfortunately) and I do appear to be able to edit more than just databases. Do I need to to toggle on the line numbers?

Meanwhile, I have RS scheduled the programmes on another box to monitor what happens.

Same programmes whizzed from RS at next sync and straight into the webif schedule on the second box. I didn’t manage to catch it pending, so working as expected.

So, issue seems to be confined to HDR4 which, according to RS is communicating every 10 minutes and rs.log is looping the same error.

Both boxes are up to date. Should I start reinstalling packages. If so, which ones?

Checked file editor (still on iPad unfortunately) and I do appear to be able to edit more than just databases. Do I need to to toggle on the line numbers?
You cannot edit sqlite databases with the file editor
Just click on Open and navigate the file tree down to the /mod/sbin directory
1593773796163.png
there is no Toggle line numbers option so I am not sure what you are looking at

Use the browser search for usS to find the lines that need changing
1593774355001.png

You cannot edit sqlite databases with the file editor
Just click on Open and navigate the file tree down to the /mod/sbin directory
View attachment 4770
there is no Toggle line numbers option so I am not sure what you are looking at

Use the browser search for usS to find the lines that need changing
View attachment 4771
Thank you for the guidance. I shan't attempt it on the ipad, but will give it a go later.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Try editing /mod/sbin/rs_process at lines 180, 191 and 202 to change this:
set newservice [get_channel_attr_byorglcn $lcn usSvcid]​
to this:
set newservice [get_channel_attr_byorglcn $lcn usSvcId]​

It might be case-sensitive - usSvcid vs usSvcId

Managed to get on PC and edit the rs_process in three places and saved. Much easier than I expected. It has now run two RS cycles, but the items are still queued. I have not done a restart as that will push them through outside of RTS.

rs.log looks very similar, apart from the top line:

Code:
5000    Stale EPG data, deferring schedule.
4999    *LATEST: 1593474000, TIME: 1594414800
4998    *Trying source service/event ID.
4997    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4996    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4995    Stale EPG data, deferring schedule.
4994    *LATEST: 1593474000, TIME: 1594414800
4993    *Trying source service/event ID.
4992    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4991    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4990    *Trying source service/event ID.
4989    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4988    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4987    at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 87
4986    at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
4985    in procedure 'svc get' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
4984    in procedure '<reference.<svc____>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/findhsvc", line 14
4983    in procedure 'get_channel_attr_bylcn' called at file "/mod/sbin/rs_process", line 191
4982    /mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl:87: Error: can't read "usSvcid": no such variable
4981    *Trying source service/event ID.
4980    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4979    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4978    at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 87
4977    at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 73
4976    in procedure 'svc get' called at file "/mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl", line 52
4975    in procedure '<reference.<svc____>.00000000000000000000>' called at file "/mod/webif/lib/findhsvc", line 14
4974    in procedure 'get_channel_attr_bylcn' called at file "/mod/sbin/rs_process", line 191
4973    /mod/lib/jim/oo.tcl:87: Error: can't read "usSvcid": no such variable
4972    *Trying source service/event ID.
4971    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4970    Processing command 'schedule auto'

Managed to get on PC and edit the rs_process in three places and saved.
The errors have stopped, so that has to be a good thing.
Much easier than I expected.
There you are you see!
It has now run two RS cycles, but the items are still queued.
Looking at those latest log entries, it seems like it's complaining about old EPG data. The timestamp relates to 29/30 June. Is your EPG service still running? Check on the WebIf Service Management page. If not, then restart it. If it is, then it might be interesting to see the output of this at a command prompt:
humax# ls -lR /mnt/hd1
and then you'll probably have to reboot to get it working again.

The EPG service did show as running, but I toggled it anyway.

Not sure if it is relevant, but I do have schedchk installed on all the boxes in question.

I am unclear why the same case sensitivity would not similarly affect the other boxes.

Code:
HDR4# ls -lR /mnt/hd1                                                                                                                                 
/mnt/hd1:                                                                                                                                             
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          4096 Jul  3 16:10 dvbepg
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       8388608 Jul  3 16:11 epg.db                                                                                       
drwx------    2 root     root          4096 Jan 22 18:41 lost+found

/mnt/hd1/dvbepg:                                                                                                                                       
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       6386784 Jul  3 16:10 epg.dat                                                                                       

/mnt/hd1/lost+found:                                                                                                                                   
HDR4#

I have waited while it completed an RS cycle. Will reboot later as nothing urgent is pending.

Code:
000    Stale EPG data, deferring schedule.
4999    *LATEST: 1593474000, TIME: 1594414800
4998    *Trying source service/event ID.
4997    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4996    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4995    Stale EPG data, deferring schedule.
4994    *LATEST: 1593474000, TIME: 1594414800
4993    *Trying source service/event ID.
4992    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4991    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4990    Stale EPG data, deferring schedule.
4989    *LATEST: 1593474000, TIME: 1594414800
4988    *Trying source service/event ID.
4987    *Schedule 28224/49700/2/81/TalkingPictures TV/1594414800/The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4986    Processing command 'schedule auto'
4985    Stale EPG data, deferring schedule.
4984    *LATEST: 1593474000, TIME: 1594414800

Can you run:
Code:
humax# epg last
humax# epg -S 28224 last
humax# epg -E 49700 dump
from the command prompt and report the results?
I presume you can actually receive LCN 81 Talking Pictures and 25 Yesterday OK?

Last edited:
If you view the webif EPG on the box in question does it have up to date EPG data for the Talking pictures channel for the time of the recording?

The Stale EPG data is saying the data it has is for
06/29/2020 @ 11:40pm (UTC)

If you view the webif EPG on the box in question does it have up to date EPG data for the Talking pictures channel for the time of the recording?

The Stale EPG data is saying the data it has is for
06/29/2020 @ 11:40pm (UTC)

EPG scrambled!Annotation 2020-07-03 171359.png

I edited post 331. Can you review?

Code:
HDR4# epg last                                                                                                                                        
1594422000                                                                                                                                            
HDR4#
Code:
HDR4# epg -S 28224 last                                                                                                                               
Humax EPG Tool v1.2.8, by af123, 2011-2018.                                                                                                           

Syntax: epg [options] [filters] <command>...                                                                                                           

Options:                                                                                                                                             
    -b                     Brief output.                                                                                                               
    -d[level]              Set debug level.                                                                                                           
    -f<file>               Specify alternate EPG data file.                                                                                           
    -h                     Show help text.                                                                                                             
    -p                     Parsable output (see *).                                                                                                   

Filters: (can be specified multiple times, all must be true)                                                                                         
    -C<CRID>               Show only events with this CRID.                                                                                           
    -D<descriptor type>    Show only selected descriptor type.                                                                                         
    -E<event id>           Show only selected event.                                                                                                   
    -R<SCRID>              Show only events with this Series ID.                                                                                       
    -S<service id>         Show only selected service.                                                                                                 
    -G<type>               Show only records with this guidance type.                                                                                 
    -T<content type>       Show only selected content types.                                                                                           
    -@<unix timestamp>     Show only programmes at time.                                                                                               
    -/<unix timestamp>     Show only programmes on day.                                                                                               
    -/<days>               Show only programmes on day.                                                                                               
    -=<start>:<end>        Show only programmes in time period.                                                                                       

Commands:                                                                                                                                           
    dump                   Show a parsed summary of the EPG.                                                                                           
    dumpraw                Show raw data from the EPG.                                                                                                 
    sqldump                Produce SQL statements from EPG data.                                                                                       
    json                   Produce JSON formatted EPG data.                                                                                           
    sqlitedump <file>      Create SQLite database from EPG data.                                                                                       
    now                    Show what is currently on.                                                                                                 
    first                  Show the time of the earliest record.                                                                                       
    last                   Show the time of the latest record.                                                                                         
    d78                    Check for records with d78.                                                                                                 
    parse                  Parse the EPG, no output.                                                                                                   
    search <text>          Search programme names for text.                                                                                           
    searchall <text>       Search programme names/descriptions for text.                                                                               

* Parseable output is tab delimited and contains the following fields:                                                                                 
        Service ID, Event ID, Start, Duration, Encrypted,                                                                                             
        Title, Synopsis, Warning, Content Code, Content Type,                                                                                         
        Event CRID, Series CRID, Recommended CRID, Guidance Mode
        Content Mgmt                                                                                                                                   

HDR4#
Code:
HDR4# epg -E 49700 dump                                                                                                                               
HDR4#

One of the queued ms in RS has "fallen off". It has not been scheduled. does it give up after so many failed attempts?

UPDATE: the second one has fallen off and the EPG is now complete, with the programmes in question visible but not scheduled.

The scheduled reboot stuck behind the two programmes has just rebooted the box, so some of the evidence is gone, but I can retry later and see what happens The reboot was definitely after the above. I saw it happen as I was typing.

rs.log has not updated since 18:00, thought "last seen" on RS shows 6:32pm

Annotation 2020-07-03 183557.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back