Recommend Me a Router

Well, I put one grey sock on and then, guess what? I put the other grey sock on. Surely that is interesting?

Last edited by a moderator:
Same. I do multitask, checking the lights on my router at the same time. What an exciting life we lead...

Mine are flashing, all green. Some of the lan lights on the router are off. Some of the lan sockets have no cable. What an interesting coincidence!

If I reboot the router, nothing changes. How interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Once my internet speed went down to a few kbps. I changed ISP and the problem instantly disappeared. Now isn't that interesting?

Ok, enough off topic posts!
The whole thread is off topic. It starts with a request for a router to replace a bt one, but is now all about Black Hole's quality of service and his reluctance to contact bt about it!

I have to build up a case history somewhere... (you don't have to read it if you don't want to).

Part of it is to test whether any of these problems can be blamed on the router at all, but it seems a pretty safe bet that they can't. You also know that there's very little point complaining when a problem is intermittent - even if BT/OpenReach(?) don't bother to check it out, they can claim they have and say they found nothing. It would be handy if there was some kind of continuous status monitor I could run on the router to provide a report of when the line was up and when down.

In general, I'm pretty happy with this Netgear, except maybe the WiFi range. But I can do something about that.

The Devolos have been rock solid since the firmware update, well worthwhile.

Last edited:
It would be handy if there was some kind of continuous status monitor I could run on the router to provide a report of when the line was up and when down.
You aren't going to get that on a Netgear.
I monitor my ADSL modem with RouterStats, which also appears to support your 3700v2 router.
My router monitors itself.

Back