Recordings in Remote Scheduling remain queued despite reboots.

Try creating the tmp directory and file by hand:

mkdir /mod/tmp
touch /mod/tmp/rs.log

That should sort the problem - you're the second person who's /mod/tmp directory has gone missing - CFW 2.17 will recreate it on every boot but it would be good to work out what's going on.

I'll also update the RS package to handle this condition properly.

Hi af123, rs now works fine after creating the /mod/tmp directory and running command touch /mod/tmp/rs.log. Thanks a lot for your help, it is really appreciated, I really love this box and I am amazed by the added features that the custom firmware brings, it is brilliant!

Ant, af123 will be able to give you a lot more detail than I can, but if you are saying there is no /mod/tmp directory on your Humax then I think there is a bigger problem than just the rs package not working correctly
EDIT
I did not see #21 or #22 before I posted #23

PS: if you need me to test CFW 2.17 to confirm it solves the problem, just get in touch. I would be glad to help, that's the least I could do.

I think forcing rs.log in an updated CFW is side-stepping the problem. In both the above case examples rs has failed to run immediately after installation, so it seems to me the problem is most likely that the installation or initialisation process has failed to create rs.log, and that is what needs sorting out.

Isn't the better work-around to modify the quoted line 8 in rs so that it does not fall over if rs.log does not exist, and empties the log if it is too large rather than deleting it?

Isn't the better work-around to modify the quoted line 8 in rs so that it does not fall over if rs.log does not exist, and empties the log if it is too large rather than deleting it?
I will certainly do that (I said as much in #21). Define empties; remove then create a new blank file, or attempt to truncate the file descriptor which is open in the parent process, or...?

The updated CFW will only ensure that the temporary directory exists on each boot as it already does for other key directories.

OK, sorry, misunderstood. That makes sense.

By "empty", I meant that line 8 reads (to me) as if the whole file gets deleteted and then (if there is some kind of accident in the mean time) will not be present the next time it is tested and cause a failure. If the log file gets too large, is it not possible (rather than deleting it and recreating it as splittable operations) to over-write it with a log entry (or a null entry) instead of appending the next log entry?

Using
mkdir /mod/tmp
touch /mod/tmp/rs.log
made rs work. However there are a couple problems still:
1. I deleted a scheduled wake up and sleep and got this
Unschedule --- Wake-up --- on BBC 1 Scot HD at Thu 16 May 2013 10:00
although the EPG is for the East Midlands region (transmitter is Waltham).
2. Under "Settings", I can only select and EPG favourites channel group of "None". No other options are not available even though I have moved a few channels to "Favourite 1" .
3. Under Auto I would like to select a single channel for searching (e.g. Radio 4 only) but again it is Hobsons choice of "---Any---".

The one that gives me the biggest problem is when the search brings up all the repeats on other channels than the one I want (e.g. +1s or Dave, etc)

Roger

For 2. above, it's worth re-naming your Favourite 1 group to something else e.g. MY-TV, as I seem to recall there being a problem when using the Humax default 'Favourite' names

2. Under "Settings", I can only select and EPG favourites channel group of "None". No other options are not available even though I have moved a few channels to "Favourite 1" .
I actually have the same problem, even after renaming "Favourite 1" to something else

3. Under Auto I would like to select a single channel for searching (e.g. Radio 4 only) but again it is Hobsons choice of "---Any---".
Again I experience the same issue.

I did not notice the above problems as I never created a list of favourite channels until now (only purchased the box recently). Therefore both Roger and myself encounter the same problem, it seems that the /mod/tmp directory missing is actually more serious than anticipated, as already highlighted by Ezra.

Quite a few items are usually stored in the /mod/tmp area, Note EZRA<dir>, my-redring.log and redring-old.log are not normally present
Code:
Humax HDR-Fox T2 (humax) 1.02.32/2.16

humax# ls -al /mod/tmp
total 26764
drwxrwxrwt  5 root root    4096 May 12 22:02 .
drwx------ 13 root root    4096 May 15 17:56 ..
drwx------  3 root root    4096 May  8 12:58 EZRA
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root root  1906385 May  5 19:14 auto.log
-rw-r--r--  1 root root      30 Dec 18 00:15 crash.log
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root root  248678 May 15 12:51 empty_dustbin.log
-rw-------  1 root root  8879104 Mar 29 10:22 monitor.db
-rw-------  1 root root  334601 May 12 22:01 my-redring.log
drwxrwxrwt  2 root root    4096 Nov 11  2012 ragpkg.311
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 14072434 May 12 22:00 redring-old.log
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  1819724 May 15 22:40 redring.log
-rw-rw-rw-  1 root root    50780 May 15 12:46 rs.log
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    4096 May  5 19:14 webif_auto
humax#

Here is the content of my /mod/tmp directory:
Code:
humax# ls -al /mod/tmp
drwx------    3 root    root          4096 May 14 00:30 .
drwx------  11 root    root          4096 May 15 22:50 ..
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root    root            0 May 14 00:30 auto.log
-rw-------    1 root    root          727 May 14 04:30 rs.log
drwxr-xr-x    2 root    root          4096 May 14 00:30 webif_auto

It can take a day for the favourites groups to be synchronised up to the RS server. You can force it with the rs/chanpush diagnostic and see if that fixes the problem(s).

Unfortunately rs/chanpush did not help, i.e. there is still only one EPG Favourites Group listed in the rs settings (i.e. "None").

As a matter of interest, what is the difference between 'diagnostics - chanpush' and 'diagnostics - rs/chanpush'?

They're supposed to be identical - chanpush is the old one from before I began subdividing them by category but it is referenced in several places so it remains. Having just checked, the second one overrides the local checksum cache whereas the first one doesn't.

Hi, firstly, great job you've all done on this... Unfortunately I've got the same issues as described above. Nothing scheduled via RS gets through to my Humax, the EPG took overnight to appear and also I can't select any other EPG favourites group.

I only installed the custom firmware yesterday but (and I don't know if this is supposed to happen) when it boots up, after a few seconds (a minute maybe?), the picture freezes and then it reboots itself again.

Happy to help/do further diagnostics but I'm a little more of a novice than the chaps above.

Thanks again.

No that is not supposed to happen, and when it does the custom firmware goes into safe mode in case one of the packages is causing it.

Back