Redring - development and beta testing.

af, would it be possible in a future version to maybe have a setting in the webif whereby the user could set what colours the leds were for each condition? and maybe the brightness percentage too?

Then, to take it to the next level, how about trying fading? or flashing as mentioned above!

Right we'll have no sniggering from the back please (you know who you are:rolleyes:), but my recordings have just finished and my Blue ring has just gone Bright Red. This could be because I upgraded whilst the box was recording, so I will reboot and see what happens for the next recording.:)

Right we'll have no sniggering from the back please (you know who you are:rolleyes:), but my recordings have just finished and my Blue ring has just gone Bright Red. This could be because I upgraded whilst the box was recording, so I will reboot and see what happens for the next recording.:)

:eek:

Yes, the AR dim Blue is not as bright as the Awake Blue, also when in AR you have the clock displayed (unless you use Low Power Standby).

I use low power so for me in the standby-waiting-for-recording mode the screen is completely dark which looks quite nice : )

I have just got another recording on the go with v0.91 and still have the Blue ring, so will see if it goes Red again when it stops.

af, would it be possible in a future version to maybe have a setting in the webif whereby the user could set what colours the leds were for each condition? and maybe the brightness percentage too?

Then, to take it to the next level, how about trying fading? or flashing as mentioned above!

I must say I am very impressed with you guys, shame I didn't take more notice when I was younger so I could understand what you are doing to get the box to do all these wonderful things to make our lives easier!:)

Getting some false icons with 0.91 e.g. wifi with no wifi USB device connected, Pause when not paused and a 'you've got Mail'. Also dim blue after recording in standby
EDIT - I have power saving off

ogx79v.jpg

That would be it but it's empty..
I'm waiting for my box to start recording news at 5... blue at the moment.

I'll beef up the debugging output and push out a new version later on.. It's always the way, I tested this every which way but loose and it worked perfectly for me. Thanks for testing!

(My ring just went from blue to red : )

I'm watching a recorded programme now, and my ring is Bright Red instead of Blue even though there is nothing recording at the moment, so something is definitely wrong.

Ok, thanks. I'll look at those problems.

I think I need a different strategy for finding out what mode the box is in..

My other box has just started recording, and this went through the Blue stage and has now gone Bright Red, but also has the "pause", "wi-fi", & "envelope" icons lit up as mentioned by Ezra.

My installation appears to be working correctly.

I would like to see purple for the 'about to record' (AR mode) to avoid having to decide if I am viewing tv from the humax or not when I see a blue ring, be it light or dark blue. Purple would make it obvious.

I can remove the superfluous icons easily enough. They're only there because there's a typo in the code and I didn't see them with power saving on.

Lots of icons there! Screen test anyone?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330542670.801566.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330542670.801566.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 32
I can remove the superfluous icons easily enough. They're only there because there's a typo in the code and I didn't see them with power saving on.

Lots of icons there! Screen test anyone?
Screen test?

The ring on my first box has finally gone back to Blue after watching more than 1.5 hours of recorded content.

Back