Redring - development and beta testing.

I have installed 0.93 and tried starting two recordings, but am not getting the colour changing from Bright Red, also putting it into standby whilst dual recording is just giving me the dull Orange, so no indication that it is recording other than the "REC" icon. I haven't been able to try recording from standby yet, so don't know if that is working properly.

I should probably have said... it will need a reboot to pick up the new version properly (which I will fix in the next package)

The principle's good and I'm sure I'll find a way of detecting whether the box is half booted or not although if anyone has any ideas....?

Can you query the state of the display as driven from the official firmware?

For reference, if I boot my box up and set off two recordings by just pressing record on two channels, the LEDs change properly and I get this in the log:

Code:
Humax state change: (Unknown -> Standby)
Humax state change: (Standby -> Recording)
Humax state change: (Recording -> Recording2)

(It isn't instantaneous btw - it can take up to 15 seconds for the colour to change).

Let's see if anyone else gets it working.

From standby (orange) mine went to blue then red at the correct time for one recording.

I turned it on and it stayed red. I set another recording (to record 2 together) and turned it to standby. It showed orange for maybe 1/2 second then returned to red. When the second recording started it changed to a nice purple :) Turned it on and it showed red, turned it to standby and it showed orange for maybe 1 second then that nice purple.

I use power saving so can tell when it is in standby and recording, easily :)

EDIT: the recordings were each from a timer and no reboots were needed.

I have just rebooted yet again, and it seems to be working now.:) I have just started dual recording and am now getting the colour change to Purple, which I quite like.
The redring.log file has re-appeared and contains the following

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/redring.log 130.00 bytes
Humax state change: (Unknown -> Running)
Humax state change: (Running -> Recording)
Humax state change: (Recording -> Recording2)

Putting the box into standby whilst dual recording now gives me Bright Purple, so things are looking good.:)

I will see how things go tomorrow with normal timer recordings.

It's still not right yet, this morning both boxes were in standby with a fairly bright Blue ring instead of dull Orange.

Does this need CF 2.0? (I'm not saying it isn't working, I've not checked, but might that explain the variable results?)

There isn't a query option that I know of and I don't want to have to intercept messages, so not practically.

I thought perhaps thare is a hardware register controlling the VF segments that gets written to, and could be read back from.

Does this need CF 2.0? (I'm not saying it isn't working, I've not checked, but might that explain the variable results?)
I don't know about that, I am using 2.0 here and have just started to play a recording and shortly afterwards the Blue ring has turned Red so that seems to be another bug.

Back