Redring - development and beta testing.

No, not unless it is recording at the same time.
Hmm, about 10 minutes in to the playback it changed to blue.

Code:
# cat /tmp/redring.log
Humax state change: (Unknown -> Running)
Humax state change: (Running -> Recording)
Humax state change: (Recording -> Running)

Here is my redring.log which covers waking from standby and playing back a recorded programme, which seems to be being interpreted as though the box is recording so the ring is changing to Red. When the programme has finished, the ring goes back to Blue.

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/redring.log 127.00 bytes

Wow i haven't been on the forum in a few weeks, this is a nice development.

Now can i have a fix that stops my 13 month old boy turning the box off and on all the time!!!! Am having to build some kind of screen this weekend to stop it or the box will be knackered!

Thanks all - I've updated the first post with the current known bugs.

Here is my redring.log which covers waking from standby and playing back a recorded programme, which seems to be being interpreted as though the box is recording so the ring is changing to Red. When the programme has finished, the ring goes back to Blue.

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/redring.log 127.00 bytes

I also get the red ring on playback. After a few minutes playback it changes to blue whilst playing. If I stop while the ring is red and then resume a playback the ring remains blue.

Code:
>>> Contents of /var/log/redring.log 213.00 bytes

EDIT: Not sure if it is connected but I had stopped a recording part way and then restarted it. So I had 2 recordings with the same name. When I played the first recording the ring changed to red. When I played the second recording it did not. I am wondering if the recording name is involved in the ring colour?

One box left in standby with Orange ring failed to go Blue as expected, and failed to wake up for timer recording. The display had the "play" and "pause" icons lit up so I brought box out of standby expecting it to start recording, which it didn't, so I cancelled the rogue display icons and started the recording manually.

I also get the red ring on playback. After a few minutes playback it changes to blue whilst playing. If I stop while the ring is red and then resume a playback the ring remains blue.
Mine remains Red during playback but goes Blue when stopped, and always goes Red again if playback is resumed.

My installed package list attached. Compare?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 12
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 14
redring 0.94 should stop the ring changing red on playback and should reduce the amount of times that the ring can get stuck in standby (still working on a full solution for that one).

redring 0.94 should stop the ring changing red on playback and should reduce the amount of times that the ring can get stuck in standby (still working on a full solution for that one).
OK, will give it a try shortly.:)

My box has stopped recording any scheduled programmes. It has missed 2 so far and at this moment has not turned on for a third.

It will also not shut down from the remote. The ring goes orange but no 'click' and I can still access it via webIFF.

I have uninstalled the redring software and switched the box off at the rear. Switching it on and testing the remote to shut it down, I find it still does not respond to the remote.

Going out now so cannot check any more.

My ring is blue - but the HDR is off. Probably an old version of redring.
Mine was Blue whilst powered up and recording earlier, although it is now Red even though it should be Purple because it is dual recording at the moment.:confused:
I have not got the New version installed yet, as the box has been recording non-stop since 6:30 and will be busy until 9:00.

Mine was Blue whilst powered up and recording earlier, although it is now Red even though it should be Purple because it is dual recording at the moment.:confused:
I have not got the New version installed yet, as the box has been recording non-stop since 6:30 and will be busy until 9:00.
You can upgrade without needing to reboot now if it helps.

My box has stopped recording any scheduled programmes. It has missed 2 so far and at this moment has not turned on for a third.

Not good : ( I think it might be possible that if the redring code tries to change the LED colour at the same time that the Humax software is running its shutdown tasks, then it can cause some problems. The communication protocol is checksummed though so it shouldn't be possible to do things like light the wrong LEDs - unless the panel ignores the checksums.

I don't think there is any problem with the code that turns the lights red and purple but the bit that can turn it blue again does have this slight chance of conflict which I need to eliminate somehow.

Mine must have turned blue between me turning off (and seeing it turn dull orange) and final shut-down when the drives go off (when I had stopped looking and gone out for the day). But like I said, that was whatever version was current this morning.

Back