Redring - development and beta testing.

It seems that the technique I'm using to work out what mode the box is in (part boot versus full boot, recording versus watching etc.) is not robust enough. I'm going to have to come up with another way which might take a few hours...

It seems that the technique I'm using to work out what mode the box is in (part boot versus full boot, recording versus watching etc.) is not robust enough. I'm going to have to come up with another way which might take a few hours...
That's OK.:)

The ring on my first box has finally gone back to Blue after watching more than 1.5 hours of recorded content.
I spoke too soon, the ring has just gone Red again even though there is nothing due to be recorded on it until tomorrow morning.

Wow! Brilliant. 44 posts in 6 hours - quite a stampede. Might be a few more when I mention this in the other place (people are always moaning about the light).

The principle's good and I'm sure I'll find a way of detecting whether the box is half booted or not although if anyone has any ideas....?

I can't be selective about the LEDs around the ring so we won't get any multicoloured rings nor spinning ones.

I'll go for a mute purple for standby/waiting mode though.

Hold off until I get it working properly though, won't you? : )
The principle's good and I'm sure I'll find a way of detecting whether the box is half booted or not although if anyone has any ideas....?
We'll wait, hacking a closed system is very difficult and we all appreciate all the time you have put into all the mods.

Would having a script that scans the directories every few minutes and logs the files that have changed be able to help. You may find a file that changes when the states change.

Just doing the last tests on a new version which just sets the ring to the normal blue in 'waiting for AR signal' mode and sets the ring to red when recording and purple (I'm using red + blue + orange all at the same time at 75% brightness, I prefer it to blue+red or blue+orange alone) when recording two programmes. It shouldn't light up spurious icons on the front panel any more either.

The dual-recording indicator works even when the box is fully on.

If you're recording something and put the box into standby, you'll notice that the ring will go dim orange as usual but will turn red again within 15 seconds.

I have temporarily uninstalled this from my boxes, but after several reboots am still left with the "wi-fi" and "envelope" icons, and a broken HDD used indicator. I will try reinstalling it when it has been updated again.

Just doing the last tests on a new version which just sets the ring to the normal blue in 'waiting for AR signal' mode and sets the ring to red when recording and purple (I'm using red + blue + orange all at the same time at 75% brightness, I prefer it to blue+red or blue+orange alone) when recording two programmes. It shouldn't light up spurious icons on the front panel any more either.

The dual-recording indicator works even when the box is fully on.

If you're recording something and put the box into standby, you'll notice that the ring will go dim orange as usual but will turn red again within 15 seconds.
I am ready to test this.:)

They should clear on the next full boot - if not I can help you reset them. The new package won't clear them itself.

Just doing the last tests on a new version which just sets the ring to the normal blue in 'waiting for AR signal' mode and sets the ring to red when recording and purple (I'm using red + blue + orange all at the same time at 75% brightness, I prefer it to blue+red or blue+orange alone) when recording two programmes..

:( Don't see the need to know when it's recording 2 programmes. Just the fact that it is in fact recording, when in standby, would be more useful (if possible) imo.

:( Don't see the need to know when it's recording 2 programmes. Just the fact that it is in fact recording, when in standby, would be more useful (if possible) imo.
Yes, it still does that - red ring when recording in standby.
I've just updated the first post in this thread to describe the new behaviour.

Package is in the repository now - still not calling it version 1 !

I would like the dual record indication.

Back