Redring - development and beta testing.

You can upgrade without needing to reboot now if it helps.
I have upgraded one box and set a test timer to see if it wakes from standby OK, and am about to do the same with the other box.

Edit: Both boxes upgraded to 0.94 and left in standby with test timers set for 10:00 pm so will see what happens. Both rings are currently dull Orange.

Thanks - mine's in the same state, I have the 21:55 news set to record (AR mode) on some channel or other...

EDIT: just turned on and the ring went blue (21:40)

Thanks - mine's in the same state, I have the 21:55 news set to record (AR mode) on some channel or other...

EDIT: just turned on and the ring went blue (21:40)
One of mine has gone Blue at 9:44 pm (box was rebooted after upgrading), other box still Orange at 9:49 pm (box Not rebooted after upgrading)

Edit: First box started recording at 10:02 pm and ring went Red shortly afterwards:) , Second box Still Orange at 10:08 pm and Not recording:( , perhaps it does need a reboot after installing.

Edit: Second box rebooted, new test recording set for 10:35 pm and in standby with Orange ring.

Edit: Second box has just gone Blue at 10:19 pm

Edit: Second box has started recording at 10:37 pm and the ring went Red shortly afterwards:), so the reboot seems to be needed.

Hmm, well I have just upgraded and my box is on and the ring is red, when i switch to standby, it goes blue and then dull orange, but when I switch on it goes blue and bright red!

Previous recording I set for 20:00hrs worked OK with previous version, and when I went to play it it turned purple, even though no other recording was happening and the box, then blue after the recording finished and I was still watching, the box was left switched on.

I have a recording due at 23:00hrs, so will keep an eye on it to see what happens!:D

Which version are you running, and did you reboot after installing?
0.93 (now uninstalled) I did not do a reboot, just allowed the box to auto switch off. This morning the box was in standby but with the display brightly lit blue. I had to go out all day only to find on return that no recordings had been made for today. I looked in the schedule and found all todays recording still scheduled. As I looked at them the schedule listings for today disappeared one by one leaving just the future scheduled items showing. (as it should be)
I was in serious trouble with SWMBO so I have uninstalled redring (similar description for me after SWMBO wrath) for the time being.

Just uploaded 0.98 which I think should resolve the issues.. it shouldn't try to make changes during the shutdown process any more and I've improved the recording detection logic to make fewer assumptions. It may of course still have flaws so if you can't afford to miss a recording, please don't install it.

If you have experienced missed recordings, please do a full reboot then set something new to record which should reset the wakeup timer.

0.93 (now uninstalled) I did not do a reboot, just allowed the box to auto switch off. This morning the box was in standby but with the display brightly lit blue. I had to go out all day only to find on return that no recordings had been made for today. I looked in the schedule and found all todays recording still scheduled. As I looked at them the schedule listings for today disappeared one by one leaving just the future scheduled items showing. (as it should be)
I was in serious trouble with SWMBO so I have uninstalled redring (similar description for me after SWMBO wrath) for the time being.
Mine were Blue in standby this morning and missed the first recording, although I was there to start it manually.

Just uploaded 0.98 which I think should resolve the issues.. it shouldn't try to make changes during the shutdown process any more and I've improved the recording detection logic to make fewer assumptions. It may of course still have flaws so if you can't afford to miss a recording, please don't install it.

If you have experienced missed recordings, please do a full reboot then set something new to record which should reset the wakeup timer.

Just upgraded and rebooted, and now back to blue when on and all OK in standby (dull orange), and I will see what happens when it start to record in standby at 11:00hrs, as well as when it switches on to AR in a few mins!

All looking good :) , now blue in standby waiting for recording to start (AR)

Edit: Box now recording and light goes red after 5/6 mins of recording for a few seconds, then back to blue!:confused: So not sure what is going on!!

Looks like it will keep doing this - Is this the new disco version?

Hmm, well if I look at WebIf, it says I am watching the programme instead of recording it when the light is soft blue, and recording it when it is bright red!!:oops:

Now recording has finished, light goes to a soft blue and box back in standby, All looks OK with the recording though!:D

Also missed several recordings today after installing redring. Didn't specifically reboot but I installed last night so the box will have been off all night.

Will update and see if this fixes the problem.

Both of my boxes have recorded from standby as expected using 0.94, see posts #101 & #103

Edit: My first box has finished recording, but the ring is still Bright Red.

Edit: Second box has just done the same.

All 16 icons identified (with some guesses) HERE

Sorry to hijack this thread but when documenting the front panel icons, I wrongly said the Dolby Digital icon was not used because it doesn't turn on when 6 channel sound is carried in a Hi-Def TV program (it is converted to DD5.1 in the Humax) , However it is used when playing a DD5.1 AVI source file

1o8t3k.jpg

This morning both of my boxes running 0.94 were in standby, one with a Blue ring, and the other with an Orange ring.

I have upgraded One box to 0.98 and rebooted, then set a test recording for 10:00 am and placed it in standby with dull Orange ring.
At 9:44 am the ring went Blue, so will see if it records OK.

Whilst this test recording is underway, another scheduled recording is due to start so it will be interesting to see if the ring goes Purple.

Edit: At 9:59 am the box has started recording and the ring has gone bright Red.

Edit: At 10:31 am the box has started the second scheduled recording and the ring has gone bright Purple.

Edit: At 11:00 am the first recording has finished and the ring has gone back to bright Red.

Edit: At 11:25 am the second recording has finished and the ring has gone dull Orange.

Edit: At 11:28 am the third recording has started and the ring has gone bright Red.

Edit: At 12:28 pm the third recording has finished and the ring has gone dull Red and not dull Orange as expected.

Even though my previous tests ended up with a dull Red ring, I thought I would leave it alone to see what happened.
At 2:44 pm the ring has gone Blue ready for a recording at 3:00 pm.

My box has failed to wake up for recordings this morning..

I'm going to pull the package from the repository for now and will provide direct download links for those willing to test the next version once it has been soak tested on my box.

Back