[redring] Show red LED ring when recording in standby + other options...

I had a look through the redring and humaxtv logs and couldn't see anything that was unusual.

I will keep an eye on things over the next few days to see if it happens again.

I've uploaded version 1.01 which adds one new feature 'Show elapsed time on playback?' which defaults to off.
When it is on then when you're playing something back then the display will just show 'Play 00:00' where 00:00 is the elapsed time of the playback in hours a minutes instead of a scrolling display of the programme name.
When timeshifting it's slightly different...

Version 1.01 sounds good, but as Ezra posted yesterday, it does not seem to be available.:(

One of my boxes was in standby this morning with a stray "HD" icon, the other box was normal.

Yes - all it proves is that it's rarely a good idea to open the second bottle of wine!

One of my boxes was in standby this morning with a stray "HD" icon, the other box was normal.
Brian, can you check the Micom version on each of the boxes? I'll look at mine this evening for comparison. Micom is the front panel controller.

Brian, can you check the Micom version on each of the boxes? I'll look at mine this evening for comparison. Micom is the front panel controller.
Box 1 MICOM Version : 9.3
Box 2 MICOM Version : 9.3

When I first checked, Box 1 did not have a MICOM Version listed, just a blank space. I checked again a few mins later, and it was listed.:confused:

I've uploaded version 1.01 which adds one new feature 'Show elapsed time on playback?' which defaults to off.
When it is on then when you're playing something back then the display will just show 'Play 00:00' where 00:00 is the elapsed time of the playback in hours a minutes instead of a scrolling display of the programme name.
When timeshifting it's slightly different...
Thanks for this, so much better than a scrolling truncated programme name.:D Would it be possible to add the option to show the remaining time with a "-" in front, instead of the elapsed time?

Thanks for this, so much better than a scrolling truncated programme name.:D Would it be possible to add the option to show the remaining time with a "-" in front, instead of the elapsed time?
I'm afraid not - although when I first read the request for 'Play XX:XX' I thought the same thing until a solution came to me later in the day, so you never know...

Hi

I have upgraded to V1.01 and set the option to stop the scrolling and show elapsed time, on playback, however when I tested, it works (all be it there is a few seconds delay in the front panel catching up with what is actually happening when you press a button such as fast forward {not an issue for me}; and I like the fact it also shows the fast forward details as well:)

But I have also now noticed when I stop playing a file and am simply watching live TV, the front panel displays the channel name for a few seconds, then reverts to showing "Play 12:55" which is the current time! :eek:

But I have also now noticed when I stop playing a file and am simply watching live TV, the front panel displays the channel name for a few seconds, then reverts to showing "Play 12:55" which is the current time! :eek:
How long after you stop playing a file does the display change ? I have not seen this behaviour.

I have also now noticed when I stop playing a file and am simply watching live TV, the front panel displays the channel name for a few seconds, then reverts to showing "Play 12:55" which is the current time! :eek:

There is also a problem with chase play of a live stream, which after a Pause and Play displays Play 13:00 (Current Time)

There is also a problem with chase play of a live stream, which after a Pause and Play displays Play 13:00 (Current Time)
That's expected if you're watching in timeslip. The time shown is the time of what you're currently watching so usually a few minutes behind live time. It's the only time that makes sense to show.
If that time doesn't clear when you return to the live broadcast (STOP) then that's a bug.

I've just downloaded and installed 1.01 - superb! The only slight issue I've noticed with the "play" option is the update is a bit slow (if I use the cursors to jump forward to say 30 minutes into a programme then it takes a few seconds for the panel to change to 00:30). I'm guessing you're polling the player every few seconds and updating/over-writing the panel when it detects a change? Also, if you press the fast forward buttons then these display (FFx2, FFx4, etc.) immediately but pressing play again takes a few seconds for the panel to change back to play.

EDIT: I just noticed this was mentioned earlier in the thread, apologies.

Back