[redring] Show red LED ring when recording in standby + other options...

<sigh>

One cannot formulate a solution to a problem unless one is first able to analyse and explain why it is going wrong. Anything else is a shot in the dark. As far as I can see, the reading list comprises fault reports that I have already read, not an explanation of why it is failing.

At the moment it seems utterly baffling how redring could be interfering with the DLNA index.

<sigh>

One cannot formulate a solution to a problem unless one is first able to analyse and explain why it is going wrong. Anything else is a shot in the dark. As far as I can see, the reading list comprises fault reports that I have already read, not an explanation of why it is failing.

Has it occured to you that they don't know why it is failing? They have given all the info. they have
If you really had read all the posts in #63 there was no point in you posting #62

This is the point where the solution must lie in the code. It may be that manipulating the machine's clock is interfering with whatever triggers the indexer. There's no way to analyse that from the observed symptoms.

I can confirm this behaviour on my box. With redring enabled some files don't index (others do - I don't know if it is a consistent set yet). I need to do more testing.

I was getting a consistent set of indexed files, but apart from the fact that it seemed to include SD and decrypted files in folders where nothing else was indexed, I couldn't see any obvious logic to it.

All of my files are encrypted HD if that makes any difference, and very few are in folders.

It seems to be a small number of files that aren't being indexed with redring installed, and the same set each time. That's good because I should be able to work out what is different about those files.

From my box (with redring on the left, without on the right):

dlna1.png
dlna2.png

Something I've noticed just now in /var/log/humaxtv.log...

[P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen] Error>> unknown stream format|
[DI_MEDIA_Probe] Error - Fail in P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen

I'm not sure if this is something connected with RR but I haven't seen these errors before. I'll try a few reboots with and without RR and see if it makes any difference.

EDIT: Possibly unrelated - I just tried a reboot (with RR still installed) but I didn't get any errors in the log this time.

If it helps the analysis of the problem, my recording of Minority Report on BBC2 last night would not index until redring was uninstalled.

Something I've noticed just now in /var/log/humaxtv.log...

[P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen] Error>> unknown stream format|
[DI_MEDIA_Probe] Error - Fail in P_MEDIA_ProbeOpen

This seems to be normal - those apparent errors show up with or without redring.

In my case it was a small number of files that were being indexed - the vast majority were not. If it's relevant, most of my files are HD and it did seem that SD files were indexed, though I didn't check exhaustively. As was mentioned earlier, size might be a factor.

The log I generated contained errors similar to those just noted, but the log ends prematurely: most of the non-indexed files do not appear in the log at all, suggesting that something caused the indexer to terminate too soon.

If you need any testing carried out on a RR1.02 system where every single file (both SD and HD) has been DNLA indexed, then let me know. This isn't meant to be a boast it's just that it could throw some light onto what is happening. The details are auto unprotect = on, RR stuff Standby brightness = 61%, show dim blue = on, use purple =on, disable scrolling = off, show clock = off, show elapsed time = off, debug = on
EDIT
Auto undelete = on, changed to read auto unprotect = on

I've just uploaded RR 1.03 - that fixes the indexing problem for me.

Installed 1.03 via the Web-If, Also available on the WiKi HERE, Presumably one (af123) has formulated a solution, He beat you to it BH

Back