[redring] Show red LED ring when recording in standby + other options...

@af123.
I know that the 'RedRing' project has been very troublesome for you, but for me, it's one of my favourites and well worth the effort.

Thank you.

:rolling:

I think you'll find it's like solving a diabolical-grade Sudoku - frustrating but FUN! One does it because it's there and because one can.

That one-hour shift sounds like a BST problem.

I love a good chinese puzzle... Yes, it's a BST problem which I should have spotted! I'd completely lost track of time when I was testing though - that's my excuse!
I'll upload a fixed version tonight.

@af123.
I know that the 'RedRing' project has been very troublesome for you, but for me, it's one of my favourites and well worth the effort.

Thanks - yes, I feel it has been worth the effort. It remains to be seen as to how many options are sensible to build into it - it already has a couple too many for me.

And a feature request - is it possible to adjust colour and/or brightness of the ring when on? The reason being I'm not a big fan of the blue. The option to dim to lowest level or change to amber might be cool.

It's possible and I'll have a look to see how easily it can be added. It feels a bit like a one-off requirement though. By default, the Humax software changes the brightness of the ring between 50% and 100% while on - 100% when a button is pressed on the remote control and dropping back to 50% three minutes later. That means there are a few things to intercept and handle but I should be able to add a setting for powered-on ring brightness.

Amber when powered on?!

I've just uploaded redring 1.06 - two changes:
  • Option to stop the LCD display automatically dimming to 50% brightness three minutes after a remote keypress;
  • Improve the Show elapsed time on playback? display (suggestion from xyz321 - thanks) - show current time at the left hand side and playback time on the right. When chase playing the current time will be at the left and the time that is being watched at the right.
redring_play.jpg
Is the new "Show elapsed time on playback? display" an option? as I preferred it as it was previously?:rolleyes:

Actually, can we all just agree to watch our televisions in a darkened room with the curtains closed and a single 25W Bio-bulb in the far corner? Then I can optimise the package so it looks right for all of us! :frantic:

Too many?

redring_opts.png

Need to do some more testing on this version before uploading but my box is busy.. (nice purple ring on the front though!)
This version should also fix the BST problem with the elapsed time display - that was harder than you might think (although xyz321 probably has an idea...)

Too many?

Need to do some more testing on this version before uploading but my box is busy.. (nice purple ring on the front though!)
This version should also fix the BST problem with the elapsed time display - that was harder than you might think (although xyz321 probably has an idea...)
That version looks much better thanks.:D

You can Never have too many options, you only have to look at MyStuff on a Toppy, there must be well over 100 user options available.;)

Loving the disable dim after 3 minutes, I can actually read the display from the sofa.
I've changed the implementation of that slightly in the new version but you can still achieve the same effect - isn't three minutes a long time when you're testing though ?

Okay, redring 1.07 is there now:

• Fix time shown on playback (take account of BST);
  • Option to disable time on playback (back to old elapsed screen);
  • Option to fix ring brightness to a level when out of standby;
  • Option to fix LCD brightness to a level when out of standby.
I've completely rewritten the settings screen code as well so it's much cleaner now - doesn't look much different though!

Back