[redring] Show red LED ring when recording in standby + other options...

Outstanding development speed! No, really. I look forward to trying it tomorrow.

Regarding options, given that one must already have decided to install custom firmware etc. I think that the typical end user is pretty much guaranteed to be the sort of person who probably revels in them!

Before we all get carried away with additional options please bear in mind that they can quite often be a nightmare to code and test.

BTW, I don't think the display is an LCD, it is more likely to be one of these. I will leave it to those who have 'gone green' to confirm.

Before we all get carried away with additional options please bear in mind that they can quite often be a nightmare to code and test.

BTW, I don't think the display is an LCD, it is more likely to be one of these. I will leave it to those who have 'gone green' to confirm.
Doh! I knew that too... will change the text in the next version.

Have noticed the epg and channel scanning feels less responsive since the last update, once I removed redring things started to speed up again.

Will try re-installing redring to see if the slowing down occurs again - I'm sure it was more responsive though before the last update

Have noticed the epg and channel scanning feels less responsive since the last update, once I removed redring things started to speed up again.

Will try re-installing redring to see if the slowing down occurs again - I'm sure it was more responsive though before the last update

Do you have fixed LED brightness enabled? I've just re-read the code and I can see that option might be causing a slight slow-down (actually around half a second a keypress). If so, the next version will fix that too.

Thanks - I think that will be it and the next version won't introduce the lag - I've just commited the changes.

cheers m8, yeah it was that.

love this addon the scrolling text is very off-putting - having the ability to turn this off and display the time has been fantastic

No problem, every version is better than the last and the code gets continually cleaner too!

My latest favourite feature is the new play-time format suggested by xyz321, it's great when chase playing something to be able to see the current time and the time of what you're watching, e.g. [13:26 >13:11].

...My latest favourite feature is the new play-time format suggested by xyz321, it's great when chase playing something to be able to see the current time and the time of what you're watching, e.g. [13:26 >13:11].

Mine too!

My latest favourite feature is the new play-time format suggested by xyz321, it's great when chase playing something to be able to see the current time and the time of what you're watching, e.g. [13:26 >13:11].
Glad someone likes it!

There seems to be something strange happening... It is currently displaying "BBC One HD 2" in chase play mode.

Redring 1.08 is there now. It fixes the problem that MrMarky reported with the fixed LED brightness causing a slowdown when navigating the EPG etc. and uses display when referring to the VFD!

If you used the fixed display or LED settings then you'll need to go back into the settings page and re-apply those settings.

Hello,
I was wondering, what with all these great new display setting options popping up, whether it would also be possible to have another one which would show the channel name and time together similar to when chase playing but when viewing a channel in real time?
Cheers

Back