Remote scheduling epg only visible when HDR is manually woken

ppc348

If my HDR is on standby I can see the web interface but pressing EPG results in "This page cannot be reached". It's only once I have pressed "on" on my remote and my HDR has booted, that the epg comes up and I am able to schedule recordings.

Grateful if you could suggest what's wrong as having to wake the HDR is impossible when I am away from home.

Can you access any of the other options on the box? I suspect not.
It's difficult to understand why you expect to be able to access the box when it is in standby.
The Web I/F is possibly cached on your device.
Just thinking out loud and could be miles off.

Hi ppc348

Not sure what you mean by "If my HDR is on standby I can see the web interface". The Web Interface (or WebIf) is running on the box itself and that's not reachable if the box is in standby, unless it's recording something, in which case it's not in "real" standby.

Please have a look at the Wiki on how to set up daily wake-up timers (the "Frequency of Wake-up" section): https://wiki.hummy.tv/wiki/Remote_Scheduling_Portal#Getting_Started_on_the_Foxsat-HDR

Thanks very much for your helpful comment. I am new to the Web interface so please ignore my amateur diagnosis of the problem (only see web epg when I wake my HDR).

My underlying question is how to set things up so I can set remote recordings when away from home.

Done all that. Have upgraded to 4.1.3 and downloaded the web interface. But cannot see web epg when away from home.

Done all that. Have upgraded to 4.1.3 and downloaded the web interface. But cannot see web epg when away from home.
For clarity, can you confirm that you have an account on the remote scheduling portal and are logging into it?

It seems that you're confusing Web Interface and Remote Scheduling Portal. The Web Interface runs on the box itself and you can only access that whilst at home and the box in non-standby (unless you're exposing your network to the Internet, which is a security risk).

So to confirm, have you installed the Remote Scheduling package (rs 1.4.5-12) on your Foxsat-HDR, registered for an RS account and successfully pushed your channels?

You're welcome to start a private conversation and provide me the MAC address of your Foxsat-HDR and I can investigate more in detail from the RS Portal.

Thanks very much. I think you have identified the problem. No I don't think I have installed the remote schedule package nor registered an account. How do I install the remote scheduling package?

How do I set up a private conversation?

Just to say, I have now registered an rs account and pushed my epg to it. So fingers crossed I am now properly set up and can schedule recordings.

A very big thank you for identifying the problem.

The Remote Scheduling server (RS) cannot 'reach' the box when it is in standby. So you need to set a wakeup every now and then so that the box can talk to the RS.
If the box is in standby, the networking circuitry is powered down, consequently no network connection, therefore there cannot be a webIF (WIF) or RS connection made to it. (as you have already found with the WIF)

I can access my Foxsat (to download a radio recording) if the box is in recording standby (ie waiting to or actively recording something else).

Yep. T2 works like that as well, but OP was effectively asking why he couldn't access hos box in standby.

Yes I know. But it means if they know when their box is due to be recording something then that would be a good time to access it remotely to do some remote scheduling.

Back