Remote Scheduling for Foxsat-HDR Now Available

Hello,

It’s taken a while, but I’ve finally installed 1.4.5-13-1 to take advantage of easy CH4 HD recording. After completing the install I impatiently used the push channel command and then had CH4HD with epg info present on both the webif and rs portal. However the HDR no longer communicated with the rs portal. The last seen date and time never change. Commands issue in the rs portal were not implemented.
I removed the HDR from the rs portal and re-registered it from the webif. It registered fine and waiting the scheduling commands were sent. However, the HDR never again contacted the rs portal.
I removed 1.4.5-13-1 from the package management screen on the webif and reinstalled 1.4.5-12. Within a few minutes and the HDR was talking again with the rs portal and I successfully sent commands to the HDR.
I then reinstalled just the 1.4.5-13-1 package (I assumed the other three packages I installed were still there). Again communication between HDR and rs portal stopped. Using the push channels I could restore CH4HD to the rs portal epg, but everything else stopped. Last seen date and name stayed the same for the next 24 hours.

I would greatly appreciate any help that could be offered, as it would be a most useful feature. If it has any bearing there are two other HDR’s running 1.4.5-12 connected to the same rs portal account.

I have one other question, if I may, while I have peoples attention. While I obtain CH4HD epg information on the webif, there is no option to schedule a recording from the webif, only the rs portal. Is that how its supposed to work?

As ever thank you for any assistance.

Additional information.
I've just noticed in the rs portal on the Home Page of the HDR in question, at the bottom of the page where it lists Recent Activity. It is still reporting when the system is booted or housekeeping was carried out. Last seen date and time and queued events to schedule though, remain the same.
There's life in the old dog yet!

Hello,

It’s taken a while, but I’ve finally installed 1.4.5-13-1 to take advantage of easy CH4 HD recording. After completing the install I impatiently used the push channel command and then had CH4HD with epg info present on both the webif and rs portal. However the HDR no longer communicated with the rs portal. The last seen date and time never change. Commands issue in the rs portal were not implemented.
I removed the HDR from the rs portal and re-registered it from the webif. It registered fine and waiting the scheduling commands were sent. However, the HDR never again contacted the rs portal.
I removed 1.4.5-13-1 from the package management screen on the webif and reinstalled 1.4.5-12. Within a few minutes and the HDR was talking again with the rs portal and I successfully sent commands to the HDR.
I then reinstalled just the 1.4.5-13-1 package (I assumed the other three packages I installed were still there). Again communication between HDR and rs portal stopped. Using the push channels I could restore CH4HD to the rs portal epg, but everything else stopped. Last seen date and name stayed the same for the next 24 hours.

I would greatly appreciate any help that could be offered, as it would be a most useful feature. If it has any bearing there are two other HDR’s running 1.4.5-12 connected to the same rs portal account.

I have one other question, if I may, while I have peoples attention. While I obtain CH4HD epg information on the webif, there is no option to schedule a recording from the webif, only the rs portal. Is that how its supposed to work?

As ever thank you for any assistance.
Hi Peso

I believe this would be caused by the RS client crashing for some reason.
  1. Did you install the runtime library upgrade (opkg install http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/moftot/runtime-libraries_1.0.1_mips.opk )?
  2. Are there any .sta files left in /opt/tmp? Please run the following commands when logged on to the box via Telnet or SSH and provide the output:
    ls -altr /opt/tmp/*.sta | tail -n 1
    cat ls -tr /opt/tmp/*.sta | tail -n 1
  3. Could also be the RS client having issues with the channel database, please run the following command when having 1.4.5-13-1 installed and reply with the contents of /opt/tmp/rspnps.log:
    rs_process -d 2 now -ps > /opt/tmp/rspnps.log
WebIf doesn't support non-Freesat recordings so as you experience you can only achieve this through RS Portal.

Cheers

Additional information.
I've just noticed in the rs portal on the Home Page of the HDR in question, at the bottom of the page where it lists Recent Activity. It is still reporting when the system is booted or housekeeping was carried out. Last seen date and time and queued events to schedule though, remain the same.
There's life in the old dog yet!
That's because it's just a simple log call that doesn't involve any semi-complex processing so the program doesn't crash.

Hello MofTot,

Thank you for your response.

In answer to your points...

1. I had installed runtime-libraries_1.0.1_mips.opk from telnet. To be sure I ran it again. No change.

Foxsat-500~# ls -altr /opt/tmp/*.sta | tail -n 1
ls: /opt/tmp/*.sta: No such file or directory
I looked in this folder too with filezilla and there was nothing ending in .sta

Foxsat-500~# rs_process -d 2 now -ps > /opt/tmp/rspnps.log
Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:13 [2125] Trying to lock PID file
Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:13 [2125] PID file created with PID 2125
Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:13 [2125] PID file locked
Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:17 [2125] PID file unlocked
Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:17 [2125] PID file removed

Hope that is enlightening!

After booting the box this morning checked the rs related log files with the webif log reading tool. A couple may be relevance.
"rs_process" log and the identical "rspnps" log had some 300 lines of channel information, then some SQLite3 info lines. The last entry contained the word 'error', so have also presented it to you.
Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:17 [2125] ERROR: Failed building SQL statement select command from queue where ? <= max_recs and ( minstamp is null or minstamp <= ? ) order by stamp: no such column: minstamp

Also
"rsrecmon" was last updated Fri 28 Feb 11:33:03 (its now Sun 01 Mar) with
2 2020-02-28 11:33:03 rsrecmon 2020-02-26 22:00:00 stopped
1 2020-02-28 11:32:45 rsrecmon 2020-02-26 22:00:00 started

Should I try shouting at it? Works with the kids...sometimes!

If I were to wager a guess, I'd say there was some stamp/minstamp confusion in this update.

As requested, please attach the /opt/tmp/rspnps.log created by running that command to your reply - I need to be able to see the content.

Sun 01 Mar 2020 09:23:17 [2125] ERROR: Failed building SQL statement select command from queue where ? <= max_recs and ( minstamp is null or minstamp <= ? ) order by stamp: no such column: minstamp
Seems that the installation script failed to upgrade one of the databases. Please save the attached file in /opt/tmp/rs.rsqueue3.sql (note the extension .sql), then please run the command:
Code:
sqlite3 /opt/etc/rsqueue.db < /opt/tmp/rs.rsqueue3.sql
and include the output (if any) in your reply.
After you've done this, try running the following again and reply with the new /opt/tmp/rspnps.log attached.
Code:
rs_process -d 2 now -ps > /opt/tmp/rspnps.log

Attachments

• rs.rsqueue3.txt
    436 bytes · Views: 4
No - because MofTot wants to see the file /opt/tmp/rspnps.log, not the command line consequences of running the command which created it.

See Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click), particularly the sections on posting terminal output and attaching files to posts.

If you can't find a way to transfer the rspnps.log file so that it can be attached, an alternative is to list it to terminal and capture the terminal output into the post:

cat /opt/tmp/rspnps.log

("cat" stands for "catalogue")

Hello again

1. Have attached the first required rspnps. Added 'old' to distinguish from the later one and changed it to a .txt to upload it. Sorry misunderstood which output you wanted, but we got there.

2. Ran rs.rsqueue3.sql. Two files appeared rsv.txt and rsvp.now.txt. Have attached.

3. Reran the code for the rspnps.log. Attached with 'new' added to file name and changed to .txt.

Thank you.

Attachments

• rspnps old.txt
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
  • rsv.txt
    641 bytes · Views: 4
  • rsvp.now.txt
    641 bytes · Views: 3
  • rspnps new.txt
    172.1 KB · Views: 3
Hello again

1. Have attached the first required rspnps. Added 'old' to distinguish from the later one and changed it to a .txt to upload it. Sorry misunderstood which output you wanted, but we got there.

2. Ran rs.rsqueue3.sql. Two files appeared rsv.txt and rsvp.now.txt. Have attached.

3. Reran the code for the rspnps.log. Attached with 'new' added to file name and changed to .txt.

Thank you.
Thanks a lot, running that database changes made the trick, it seems to be fully working now.

This installation issue is already fixed in the next version (not yet available). I welcome any feedback you might have.

Hello,
Yes I can confirm it's working. Deleted and rescheduled some recordings with reboots and all were carried out.
Many thanks for your help in this and even more thanks for making it in the first place. Time for my paypal donation to the upkeep of the service.

I was pleased to see new freesat boxes being released. May freesat and my trio of faithful HDR's keep going for many more years.

Hello,
Yes I can confirm it's working. Deleted and rescheduled some recordings with reboots and all were carried out.
Many thanks for your help in this and even more thanks for making it in the first place. Time for my paypal donation to the upkeep of the service.

I was pleased to see new freesat boxes being released. May freesat and my trio of faithful HDR's keep going for many more years.
Excellent, pleased to hear it!

I have always thought it stood for concatenate? The man page for cat starts "cat - concatenate and print on the standard output".
Fair enough, I knew it as catalogue because that seemed to be what it did... never used it for concatenation.

Agreed, But that is not the file list that BH implied in post #89, and I must admit that catalogue was my understanding.

It's called concatenate since it's often used to do that with multiple files:
One has to ask: how often, compared with simply listing a file? Being very picky (and off-topic), cat doesn't actually concatenate files unless the output is directed to a file... so really it is just reading all the files in the list and sending their contents to a standard stream.

One has to ask: how often, compared with simply listing a file?

In shell scripting, at least as often as not. At the CLI, almost always since for viewing a single file most people will use the more or less commands.

Being very picky (and off-topic), cat doesn't actually concatenate files unless the output is directed to a file...

Yes it does. In UNIX (and Linux is UNIX-like) everything is a file, including your terminal output.

Back