Remote stops working after a while

It isn't the remote, I bought a new one some months ago. I suppose if you don't have it connected then it isn't the FTP. It could be that some boxes run close to the margin when the effect manifests itself through a variety of causes. I still tend to think that the box is running out of umf when this issue occurs mainly at boot up but some times latter.

You could argue that the great and the good run their boxes with a different profile of custom tool modules so aligning to these will reduce the posibility of the problem manifesting itself. I tend to think running the custom with diagnostic tools and betaftp is one that can bed tried where the problem occurs.
Just to confirm that I NEVER had any problem at boot up, it always happened some thirty minutes or so after I powered up and then the remote function would work/not work intermittently throughout the day. If I became impatient for it to start working again, switching off the unit and rebooting actually cured the fault for a while. As the unit was brand new, I had never got round to installing the custom firmware (never knew there was such a thing until I read about it on this forum) nor was it connected to the internet in any way. File sharing was also switched off. The new machine supplied by Humax is currently working perfectly with the old remote that their technical support originally said must be the problem!

ah well that's a different problem than the one I had which manifests itself soon after boot up, within about 30 seconds, cures itself within ten minutes then come back again at sporadic periods during running, cures itself then repeats again. This is the one that some other people have. So not all problems with the use of the remote are the same.

Did anyone ever resolve this? This has just started happening to me. I use a harmony remote and this and the Humax remote do not work in the same way as the original post. I have to use the web remote for the 30 or so minutes after switching on. Very frustrating!

I think there are a range of problems which cause it so not just one solution. I think mine was basic electrical interference although it could have been infra-red interference from a sat box it sits on. Move it back an inch and it's fine. Been OK for many months now and after giving me grief for a couple of years. To check for this type of inference take it to another room and see whether it's OK. Long life bulbs can play havoc as well.

Back