[rs] Improved conflict detection

As an alternative to a Prime time button Radio times
has a very convenient pair of Jump bars that allow single click navigation to any time of day or day in the
Something similar could replace date picker and the other earlier later buttons.

Borrowing liberally from the example MymsMan provided, here's one I knocked up last night. It's there now if you want to experiment with it - as the red text says, you can change the number of hours across the screen by holding down the 'Control' key and clicking on a new end hour. It will limit you to 8 hours in total though.

upload_2016-4-21_13-56-29.png

I like that fact that the control-click allows me to go beyond the old 5 hour width limit (seems to limit to 8hours). However, I don't think that I will be able to select this on my tablet.
One glitch, if the window is too narrow, the schedule stays the same width and gains a horizontal scroolbar, but the jump bars line-wrap.
On my tablet, "Next Prime" and "select end hour" are always wrapped even though the window is wide enough.

Thanks - wrap problem is fixed. You can pick 8 hours as your default in the settings screen now.
For tablets, I wonder if it's possible to detect a long press?

:D Another nice idea on the RT site is that the vertical current time bar auto updates every minute or so to show the current position and the Now button is not greyed out after use so you can always refresh to current time (you already do this on Webif EPG)

Also I like the fact that the hover tooltip times correctly show the actual program start times rather than the start of grid time which has been an ongoing niggle with the Webif version

Why are some scheduled programs coloured red? They are not conflicts

In the Settings page there is a 'Grid-style EPG Prime-Time' which is set to 6 pm. Is this relevant to the latest prime time layout above ?

In the Settings page there is a 'Grid-style EPG Prime-Time' which is set to 6 pm. Is this relevant to the latest prime time layout above ?

Yes. I'm unsure if I'll leave that in but clicking on the 'Next Prime' button will take you to the EPG section starting at 6PM, be that today or tomorrow. That value (the 6PM) can be changed in settings.

Yes. I'm unsure if I'll leave that in but clicking on the 'Next Prime' button will take you to the EPG section starting at 6PM, be that today or tomorrow. That value (the 6PM) can be changed in settings.
I changed it to 5pm but the epg still shows 3pm to 7pm
I closed and reopened and it now shows 4pm to 8pm

Update: please ignore above - I didn't click 'Next Prime'

They are part of a scheduled series but that episode will not (currently) be recorded. Most likely it's a repeat.
I still think that these should have been retained on the Visual page. I have had at least one instance where the system thought it had recorded an episode, but it hadn't, it would have been nice to see the repeat and been able to select it for recording. But I can accept that sometimes "it would be nice" just ends up as unnecessary clutter.

They are part of a scheduled series but that episode will not (currently) be recorded. Most likely it's a repeat.
But I don't think they are repeats and they do show on the Visual display and program schedule as Scheduled for recording.
hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 21042016 162847.jpg hpkg.tv Remote Scheduling - Mozilla Firefox 21042016 162755.jpg
The two entries in this example are the South Today local news and the new episode of Graham Norton at 10:40 Friday
Also affected is Play to the Whistle on Saturday

Could I make another feature request? At the moment hovering over a program in the grid just gives it's name and start/end time - could we also have the program synopsis in the pop-up as well? Perhaps make it optional, but it's nice when looking over the EPG to be able to see details of what's on just by hovering rather than having to click and get the new window each time.

Thanks

I am seeing the same problem as MymsMan for this evening's Graham Norton on BBC1HD
On the EPG it has an orange background, but it appears normally on both the schedule and the Visual page.
In this case, it seems that the orange background is wrong.
I have had a quick scan through the EPG and all the other programmes with the orange background seem to be correct (i.e. they ARE repeats).

Could I make another feature request? At the moment hovering over a program in the grid just gives it's name and start/end time - could we also have the program synopsis in the pop-up as well?
I don't think that's practical unfortunately. I'd either have to embed the synopsis for every event into the web page making it significantly larger or have the browser fetch the synopsis whenever you hover over something which would probably be slow and moving the mouse quickly over events would cause a lot of queued synopsis loads. I'll stick it on the list but can't promise anything.

I am having problems using Skip Episode to move recordings that conflict with this weekends Grand Prix.
The button reports success and I see entries appear in the webif pending schedule list but after the system reboots the episodes are still scheduled
I have tried twice so far.

rs.log
Code:
Processing command 'skip 4163.41039'
*Skip 4163/41039 - 3/1/131104/1462125600/41039/
*No pending event
_Countryfile
_Successfully scheduled skip for recording.
Processing command 'skip 8270.25361'
*Skip 8270/25361 - 3/3/262239/1462035600/25361/
*No pending event
_You've Been Framed! Bites Back!
_Successfully scheduled skip for recording.
Sending TBL_RESERVATION schedule information to remote server.
Already up-to-date.
Sending pending schedule information to remote server.
Updating...
Should there be any log entries for the attempt to incorporate the skips into the schedule?
Is there anything else I can do to debug this if I try again?

The log entries for the incorporation end up in rsvsync.log until the next reboot. It would be worth checking there for any clues. I can't remember how much diagnostic output it produces at the moment.

Fullscreen capture 27042016 195110.jpg
Code:
Opening /var/lib/humaxtv/rsvp.db
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/rsv.db
Retrieving pending records.
Moving pending entry 0 to spare slot 51
Moving pending entry 1 to spare slot 52
Setting skip on reservation 262239/25361/
Setting skip on reservation 131104/41039/
Setting skip on reservation 131104/41397/|||||||
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/channel.db
Restoring any favourites.
Ignoring: no such table: fav (no such table: fav)
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/mm.db
Retrieving padding settings.
   PRE: 120   POST 120
Scanning schedule for ar conversion.
Scanning schedule for pad conversion.
Attaching /var/lib/humaxtv/reorder.db
Reordering channels.
No obvious indication of errors
The new reservations appeared correctly but the skips don't show

What fields in the rsv.db should be set if the skip had been applied?

The CRID of the episode that needs to be skipped should appear in szRecordedProgCrid and have been removed from szEventToRecord

Copies of my rsv.db and rsvp.db databases

szEventToRecord is empty and crid appears multiple times in szRecorded

Attachments

• humaxtv.zip
    12.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back