[rs] Installing and using this package intermittantly caused Read Only File System issue.

Code:
HumaxHDRFoxT2# ls -laR /mnt/hd3
/mnt/hd3:
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Feb 14 19:16 .
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root            84 Mar 15  2016 ..
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     594698240 Feb 11 01:08 .swap
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     134217728 Feb 14 19:32 .swap0
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root          2072 Dec 26  2017 Its A Wonderful Life_20171225_2322.hmt
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      12011904 Dec 26  2017 Its A Wonderful Life_20171225_2322.nts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         43680 Dec 26  2017 Its A Wonderful Life_20171225_2322.thm
-rw-rw-rw-    1 root     root     9649378368 Dec 26  2017 Its A Wonderful Life_20171225_2322.ts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       8529817 Jan 30 17:10 Streamer_down_file
drwx------    2 root     root         16384 Jul 28  2017 lost+found
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          2161 Feb 14 19:16 maintenance.boot.log

/mnt/hd3/lost+found:
drwx------    2 root     root         16384 Jul 28  2017 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          4096 Feb 14 19:16 ..

Okay... how the hell did It's A Wonderful Life get there? I am so confused... I thought this partition was for music and photo only? A partition I seem to recall making smaller because I don't use the HDR Fox T2 for those funtions. This is kind of hilarious :-D

Suffices to say, this file is now back in the Movie folder in My Video...

I thought this partition was for music and photo only?
It's not even for that - My Music and My Photo (as well as My Video) are in hd2.

Could you have moved that recording somewhere out of the way while trying to find out what was crashing the indexer, and forgotten about it?

It's not even for that - My Music and My Photo (as well as My Video) are in hd2.

Ah yes of course. I'm still used to the Foxsat HDR, where the final/smallest partition was for music and photos, as well as being the location of the bulk of the raydon custom firmware files.

Could you have moved that recording somewhere out of the way while trying to find out what was crashing the indexer, and forgotten about it?

Probably got dumped there by accident due to me writing hd3 rather than hd2 when copying a file from USB or something like that, using the terminal.

Deleting it still didn't allow fix-disk to run fully though. It was still snagging on the two swap files so I deleted those manually. Lo and behold it was able to build a new one and scan sda2 properly, and as it turns out the file system was very poorly indeed. One wonders how it was able to work at all, and how long it's been like that. Took about 20 hours from start to finish, give or take.

I must commend those responsible for developing the maintenance mode and making it so easy to use, especially the auto-yes option which I believe was missing in earlier versions. Having the partition, pass and percentage info on the VFD as well - stroke of genius. No needing to keep a laptop or something open to check the progress. And when the telnet session failed I was pleased to find logging back in gave an option to go back to the console output, including reprinting every line since fix-disk had been run. Very tidy.

In a way then, [rs] failing was a blessing in disguise. Now fix-disk is completed with exit status 0 I can reinstall [rs] and it should work perfectly from here on out, as should the chase play (aka time shift) buffer. Saving me the tremendous ballache of backing up nearly 2TB of content onto another drive, wiping the 4TB one in the HDR Fox T2 and copying it all back... happy days!

Now fix-disk is completed with exit status 0 I can reinstall [rs] and it should work perfectly from here on out,
I like to run fix-disk a second time to confirm that it has actually fixed everything that it claimed to and that nothing else has cropped up.

I like to run fix-disk a second time to confirm that it has actually fixed everything that it claimed to and that nothing else has cropped up.

Though I like the logic behind this line of thought, I'm just concerned it'll take another 20 hours and I've already missed quite a few recordings already... is it faster the second time you run the test?

I have had a read only filesystem issue on both my T2's (one in UK one in Fuerteventura)
I had a big streaming file in "/" , I then did a "rm Stre*" and then touched a file (touch me_bits) - it did not work, so I deleted everything in the /tmp directory, and low and behold I managed to successfully "touch my_bits"
Thinking this was odd, I tried it on my other humax and the same think worked.

When I do a "df -a" it still shows "/" at 100% but at least I dont have a "read only Filesystem" any more.

So without hijacking the thread, i want to "rm /tmp/*" in bootup. Where is the best place i can do this ?
I tried creating a .profile in my home directory but that did not work... (wrong shell knowledge no doubt)

i want to "rm /tmp/*" in bootup. Where is the best place i can do this ?
Nowhere. /tmp is a temporary filesystem in RAM. Obvioulsy, it gets recreated every time you boot, and is therefore empty in just the place you expect to be trying to delete stuff from it.
When I do a "df -a" it still shows "/" at 100%
That's normal and correct.

Back