[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I have been using the RS site for a few weeks now and while it is great for scheduling recordings I have been unable to make it delete a scheduled recording.

If I click on the grey "more" button next to the recording in the events section, I can click on "delete", but all that appears in the Queued Comands section is "Unschedule unknown event.". The box will then reboot itself at its leisure and the scheduled recording is still there.

Is this a known issue?

I am also having issues with deleting files via the RS site, but I need to do further testing before I can confirm the symptoms.

I have just removed two items from the schedule using the method you describe, with a scheduled reboot, and it worked. I then deleted a recording. This took some time before anything happened, no reboot required, but again it is working for me.

The RS EPG only shows you the channels that your box has. In your case, it looks like your box uploaded a blank channel list at around 7am.. run rs push channels from the command line to force a new upload now that you've rescanned.

First, thanks to all who made contributions to this useful service.

I have successfully installed the modified f/w on my Humax Freeview HDR

I have also successfully installed the web interface using the bootstrap method, but I do get an error message:

Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/epg.class:395: no such table: epg.epg in procedure 'epg' called at file "status.jim", line 85 at file "/mod/webif/lib/epg.class", line 395

Ignoring this, various functions nevertheless seem to be available, but to register with the remote scheduling service, I tried following the instruction that is gven:

Go to the Settings page in your device's local web interface and register with the remote scheduling service;

Here, I added myself as a new user, but I on this settings page, I wasn't asked for my email address so how would I be informed of a password by email? I gave myself a user name which was my email address just in case that was needed, but still no receipt of an email with a pword.

Help!

First, thanks to all who made contributions to this useful service.

I have successfully installed the modified f/w on my Humax Freeview HDR

I have also successfully installed the web interface using the bootstrap method, but I do get an error message:

Runtime Error: /mod/webif/lib/epg.class:395: no such table: epg.epg in procedure 'epg' called at file "status.jim", line 85 at file "/mod/webif/lib/epg.class", line 395

Ignoring this, various functions nevertheless seem to be available, but to register with the remote scheduling service, I tried following the instruction that is gven:

Go to the Settings page in your device's local web interface and register with the remote scheduling service;

Here, I added myself as a new user, but I on this settings page, I wasn't asked for my email address so how would I be informed of a password by email? I gave myself a user name which was my email address just in case that was needed, but still no receipt of an email with a pword.

Help!
Have you installed the rs package?

Have you added the rs package to your box? Once you've done that then a new registration box should appear on the settings page. If the first error doesn't go away after the next time the box is restarted, post again. It's probably just that the EPG database hasn't appeared yet.

Thanks for your incredibly prompt reply!

Where do I find the rs package?

Is this to be installed by bootstrap via my PC as for the webif?

Thanks

Point your web browser at the Humax and then click on the 'Package Management' option. There are three tabs there Upgrade, Installed and Available. Go to the Available tab and look through the list of packages for rs.

af123, & brian

How sweet it is to have such great support. I did find the rs pckge per your suggestion, and I was ten able to register and I've already received a pword.

Do I need a static IP address for this service?

No, you don't. All communication is outbound from your Humax to the web site so there's no need for you to do anything special.

OK, I was successful in scheduling a recording from a PC on the same LAN as the Humax.

But, when I scheduled from a PC on a different ISP, it said that my request was queued, but it didn't appear in the "active" schedule list.

So, I'm halfway there.

That's the way it works. Whatever you do on the RS web site is queued and your Humax picks it up next time it checks in (which could be a while if it is turned off). The Humax then places recordings into the pending list and the next time it restarts they become active.

This means that it can take a while for things to become active but as long as you're scheduling things for a day or so ahead it isn't a problem.

I registered with your remote scheduling port but did not get a password confirmation via email.

So I loaded the portal via your link using Internet Explorer, entered my username , selected ‘forgot password’ and successfully entered a new password which then allowed me to login.

The subsequent screen reflected my web interface accurately, but requested that I update my rs package on my Humax to version 0.4.0 which I did by using the package management option in my web interface.

I then logged on to the remote scheduling portal again and tried a couple of commands ie: scheduling a new recording and deleting some of the existing schedules to see how it performed.

Although my entries appeared under ‘queued commands’ it did not appear to update my web interface ie: when I searched on my humax for the new recorded programme that I had scheduled it had not executed it, nor had it deleted the schedules that I had deleted.

I would appreciate some advice as to whether I am using your portal correctly?

Thanks

geoff

The Humax has to reboot before the pending commands get transferred into the actual schedule. The web page messages tell you so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back