[rs] Remote Scheduling Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
af, thanks for adding the option to delete folders - most useful!

One further question - what does the little "+" symbol mean on some of the folders in folder view? I used to think it meant the folder contained files, but that's not the case on mine.

Capture.JPG

All of these are series links, if that makes any difference.

It means you haven't watched some or all of the recordings in the folder/ directory.

It means "new content", whether on a recording or a folder containing recordings. It can be set or reset in the WebIF options.

Now RS can track failed recordings I was wondering how feasible it would be to track series links that have failed, when the box silently stops recording the series even though future episodes continue to appear in the guide data. I assume this occurs as the CRID has changed, but I've never confirmed this. I've experienced it several times on the Hummy and its really frustrating as I usually don't catch it in time and miss episodes...

The RS can already help: instead of setting a series link recording locally on the Humax, set up an automated RS schedule based on an EPG search for the desired title.

I assume this occurs as the CRID has changed, but I've never confirmed this. I've experienced it several times on the Hummy and its really frustrating as I usually don't catch it in time and miss episodes...
I can confirm that this fails because the Broadcaster has changed the Series CRID for some reason, every example of a failed series recording I have looked into has been because of this. As long as the program name doesn't change RS scheduler would overcome this, BUT it won't prevent the recording of 17 repeats of the same episode, which the Series CRID does

Thanks for confirming the series CRID change Erza. When this happens the series is still shown in the scheduled list but with no scheduled time. If the scheduled list entries with no scheduled times could be monitored and stored by RS, then I guess it could compare the list from the previous time it ran to the current time and send a warning email listing any newly added entries that are potentially about to drop off. I can do this manually now but I often forget and its not easy sometimes to tell which ones to check if I recall correctly...

No, it's purely based on a comparison of the extracted episode names. Possible duplicates get moved into a subdirectory called _duplicates for manual review.

I just had my first email from RS telling me about all the failed recordings I have accumulated in my Weatherview AR probe.

Just pushed out version 0.7.1 which uploads the information required to show all the upcoming events against a schedule entry (in the same way as recent versions of the web interface do). I was starting to miss it in the RS view : )

Can I hop on the bandwagon of RS nice-to-haves and ask if it's possible for scheduled items that have a delete action pending to preferably not show up in the 'active' list, or at least appear differently (e.g. greyed out or maybe a red-tint). I know they get shown on the queued commands list as well, but it would make things a bit neater when doing a tidy-up. Quite often I've clicked to delete items in the active list several times thinking that it hasn't worked, not noticing that they've been added as 'deletions' to the queued list.

I've implemented this. They're shown with a blue background and strike-through. In the on-box web interface too.

I have recently been getting the following automated email from RS
At least one failed recording has been detected in your media library. The following recording(s) failed: /[Deleted Items]/webif_autodecrypt/Elementary_20130124_2058 /[Deleted Items]/Father Brown/Father Brown_20130121_1413
Can I suggest a small improvement in that this process/check ignores files in the /[Deleted Items] file structure?

Another suggestion, is it possible to have multiple email addresses used for notifications (or at least the ability to use a different address for the notification target). I would like these notifications to go to other family members and not just me.

I have recently been getting the following automated email from RS
At least one failed recording has been detected in your media library. The following recording(s) failed: /[Deleted Items]/webif_autodecrypt/Elementary_20130124_2058 /[Deleted Items]/Father Brown/Father Brown_20130121_1413
Can I suggest a small improvement in that this process/check ignores files in the /[Deleted Items] file structure?

I get regular emails informing me of failed recordings I deliberately keep as a record. It's an inconvenience, but the pros outweigh the cons. The files in the recycle bin will only be there for a week at most, but there are conventions and I wonder whether the scanning should also ignore "[" protected folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back