[rs] Remote Scheduling v1

Example: if a string contained some HTML entity like &#f6; (lowercase o umlaut), the affected PHP code would formerly convert the hex value to int with no need to extract the hex digits first. Since it's PHP, no-one can tell what attempting to convert the equivalent HTML5 entity ö would do, error or 0 or .... In 7.4 or later, if you previously got an int, you get the warning as well. Presumably some later version will raise an error.

It works OK for me, on a real computer.
It also works for me on an Android phone though I thought they were server generated error messages rather than browser error messages so device likely to be irrelevant.

Nope, that's just the landing page. Still happening here.
Do other RS pages work?
Does it fail with your other Humax boxes?
What recordings do you have scheduled?
Have you tried from another device?

So...

It works OK for me, on a real computer.
I get the same thing whether on my iPad (with out of date software) or on Firefox (Linux Mint). However, as the deprecated warnings are being inserted at the server, and the browser is not sending anything for the server to react to (except URL query strings), it has to be a result of data being retrieved from the HD/HDR and then processed by the server to generate the web page, and nothing to do with the browser or device the browser is running on.

Have you tried from another device?
See above.

Does it fail with your other Humax boxes?
Same, with variations which might be indicative: all three HDRs give the same two deprecated lines under the banner and then two in the Active list, whereas the HD-FOX produces three lines in each case.

What recordings do you have scheduled?
It's difficult to understand why all four of my RS-connected units are producing this but nobody else is seeing it. They have some duplication of schedule entries, but not duplicated across all four. Two of the units are on WiFi and two on HomePlug, so there's not even commonality there. The only thing left common to my units but nobody else's is my broadband connection!

Do other RS pages work?
The Auto and Settings pages work, EPG and Visual show similar effects.

the browser is not sending anything for the server to react to (except URL query strings),
And stuff like the User-Agent header, which can have a significant bearing. It probably doesn't in this case as you get the same result from a real computer.
it has to be a result of data being retrieved from the HD/HDR and then processed by the server to generate the web page
Probably correct.
The only thing left common to my units but nobody else's is my broadband connection!
Or your tuning database - I can't think network is significant to anything.
Are these on English, Welsh or a mixture of transmitters? As a test, you could just try the Mendip services, like my one which doesn't exhibit the fault. I could try a spare on Wenvoe too.

Or your tuning database - I can't think network is significant to anything.
Are these on English, Welsh or a mixture of transmitters? As a test, you could just try the Mendip services, like my one which doesn't exhibit the fault. I could try a spare on Wenvoe too.
Another way to test via the epg page would be to set up favourites lists which contain a subset of channels and see which channels cause problems on the epg pages and which don't

Also try deleting all scheduled recordings, see if that resolves problem and then reschedule one by one

It must be one of these special characters in a programme name type problems that have affected the webif over the years but have now (touch wood) been eliminated

Back