Schedule page - Speckled AR icon

geordie

I have seen the AR icon on the Scheduled Recordings page but I have had an AR with flickering dots on it. What does that mean?

On one occasion, a scheduled recording with flickering dots AR did not happen - but from what I can tell, the flickering dots was not an indication that there was a problem. I believe the issue is probably that the signal that the programme was starting, wasn't received.

Thanks.

I have seen the AR icon on the Scheduled Recordings page but I have had an AR with flickering dots on it. What does that mean?
It means that the AR function is looking out for the programme to start very soon.

On one occasion, a scheduled recording with flickering dots AR did not happen - but from what I can tell, the flickering dots was not an indication that there was a problem. I believe the issue is probably that the signal that the programme was starting, wasn't received.
Reasons for a programme to be not recorded when using AR include:
  • The programme was not broadcast;
  • Broadcaster error;
  • The channel that is being used by the Humax to look out for the start is not being received (this may not be the same mux as the programme is going to be broadcast on);
  • The channel that is being used by the Humax to look out for the start is from a different transmitter and for that particular programme the ids being used are not the same on both transmitters.

Back