[screensaver] alternatives to the default screensaver

I have packaged up the black screensaver but it also includes a framework for including and selecting other screensavers.

Great work, I am still 'tinkering' with the Nixie Tube set but if you want them for the package that's fine, also thinking of a 7 segment LED set and a VFD set

How does one access this screensaver? in nearly two years of ownership, I have never seen a screensaver.

Pause playback for a couple of minutes, or select a LCN that is not being transmitted (not even a place-holder). The easy way to achieve the latter is to unplug the aerial.

Great work, I am still 'tinkering' with the Nixie Tube set but if you want them for the package that's fine, also thinking of a 7 segment LED set and a VFD set
My plan was to have a master screensaver package which is able to select other screensavers and then for other people to create their own screensaver packages as addons. I think af123 may have disappeared again or perhaps he doesn't like the idea.;)

Pause playback for a couple of minutes, or select a LCN that is not being transmitted (not even a place-holder). The easy way to achieve the latter is to unplug the aerial.
I do not do any of these things, so that would explain why I have not seen the screen saver. I thought that it might come on whilst listening to internet radio via the TV Portal, due to the static image on the screen, but seemingly not.

Ezra - are you planning to package those up as add-ons for xyz321's framework? I'm going to give the blue neon tubes a try.

Ezra - are you planning to package those up as add-ons for xyz321's framework? I'm going to give the blue neon tubes a try.

Yes, I will package them all. The Blue neon is really an error, on the P.C. screen both blue and orange are neon coloured, but the Humax displays them differently because the blue version does not have transparency turned on in the PNG file. I can regenerate a set of Blue PNGs with transparency turned on

I have packaged up the black screensaver

Sorry for the delay I have only just loaded xyz321's sreensaver package and loaded into it neon-blue, neon, VFD, 3X5 and 7Seg (all pictured above). The package works very well and I have just added another screen saver called cursor, I don't really have any reason to remove the screensaver completely but thought that a very minimal alternative might be useful, so 'cursor' places two red 'stars' where the colons would be on the normal clock, so there is something on the screen to tell you you are in screensaver mode

cursor.jpg

Unfortunatley I had to turn off local LED dimming on my TV because otherwise they don't get illuminated, but it shouldn't be a problem with the majority of LED backlit TV's. The packages are complete now so I will get them off to af123 soon

Screen Saver Problem
I have used telnet as below in an attempt to select a screen saver:
humaxOneY# screensaver
1: Black
2: Humax Default
Choose option [1-2]: 1

Invalid selection
humaxOneY# 1
-/bin/sh: 1: not found
humaxOneY#

What am I doing wrong.
Michael

Do you get a double prompt if you just press "Return"? It looks like you are on DOS line ends instead of Linux - what Telnet client are you using?

Yes double prompt. I have changed the telnet settings in Putty and no longer get an error.
Thank you for your help
Michael

Back