[screensaver] alternatives to the default screensaver

Dekatron counter?

Here is the closest I could get to a Dekatron, the single neons were too small, so they became wedges, there are 12 segments rather than 10 because everyone knows where the numbers are on a clock , not quite so easy to say where a digit will be on a Dekatron. Just in case you didn't get it, the time is 19:50:37

Wedge.png

I get an error message when trying to use the screensaver option. I have rebooted the box after installing both the initial package and the neon-blue fonts.

humax# screensaver
1: Black
2: Humax Default
3: Neon-Blue
Choose option [1-3]: 1

Invalid selection
humax# 1
-/bin/sh: 1: not found
humax#
humax#
Any help greatly appreciated.

Check your telnet client's settings, it should not produce a double prompt when pressing the enter key. If you are using PuTTY it should not be set such that the 'Return key sends Telnet New line instead of ^M'.

I get an error message when trying to use the screensaver option. I have rebooted the box after installing both the initial package and the neon-blue fonts.

As pointed out by xyz321, this is not a screensaver error, It's a problem with how Telnet is set-up and will affect all Telnet operations, See Telnet Notes HERE

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.

Hi all. Trying to select screensaver via Telnet, having the same problems as described on previous pages, I'm using windows 7 Telnet client, not putty. Any suggestions on how to fix this?.

Hi all. Trying to select screensaver via Telnet, having the same problems as described on previous pages, I'm using windows 7 Telnet client, not putty. Any suggestions on how to fix this?.
You can fix this on the WIndows client each time you connect but I don't think there is a way to make it persistent. You may find it easier to install PuTTY where you can change the settings and save them as a profile.

To change the settings on the WIndows client (starting from the windows command prompt):
Code:
telnet
unset crlf
open <ip address of Humax>

Alternatively if you are already connected to the Humax via telnet:
Code:
ctrl-']'
unset crlf
<enter>
The ctrl-']' returns to the local telnet command mode and the additional <enter> returns to the remote connection.

Hi all.
Trying to select screensaver via Telnet, having the same problems as described on previous pages, I'm using windows 7 Telnet client, not putty. Any suggestions on how to fix this?.

It might be worth pointing out that all screensavers (apart from All Black / Blank screensaver) can be selected from the Web-If with no need to set-up Telnet at all and a package to kick off 'Black' from the Web-If could be made if required

You can fix this on the WIndows client each time you connect but I don't think there is a way to make it persistent.

You're right, it isn't a system setting, but I am wondering if there is a way to launch Telnet and inject the unset command by macro.

Back