[screensaver] alternatives to the default screensaver

Looked at it last night and it seems that it will be trying to pull the package meta database from the Internet and that is what's causing the error. The next version of webif will contain a fix and should be out in the next day or two.
Thanks again!.

Is redring the only item displayed under Web-If >> Settings? I would expect headings like say :- General Settings -- Email Settings -- Advanced Settings -- Screensaver Settings -- Redring Settings -- Remote Scheduling Setup -- Undelete Settings etc. are any of these other headings being displayed?
BTW
Do you have the EPG-Keywords package installed?

Is redring the only item displayed under Web-If >> Settings? I would expect headings like say :- General Settings -- Email Settings -- Advanced Settings -- Screensaver Settings -- Redring Settings -- Remote Scheduling Setup -- Undelete Settings etc. are any of these other headings being displayed?
BTW
Do you have the EPG-Keywords package installed?
Yes, sorry I should have said that the others are there. Installed screensaver package yesterday from USB, just didn't realise that all package settings are shown on the one page at the same time, thought you could select them from a menu or something.

Also, and this might seem a daft question, what are the differences between the bundle files (.opb) and the package files (.opk)? I ask because pre webif 0.9.14, I had been installing .opb's for the packages I wanted, from USB without issue. Post 0.9.14, attempting this throws up error messages in the opkg install files and the installation fails, wheareas installing the .opk version works fine.

The difference is that the bundle includes all the other packages that the mains package expects to be present because it is dependant on them. So if you loaded a screensaver plugin screensaver-7Seg_1.0.0_mipsel.opk it would also include the main screensaver program screensaver_0.2_mipsel.opk as well. If you could send a the error message it should be possible to see what's happening, I guess the bundle installer is trying to install a package the is not bundled, but that may already be present on your Humax from a previous installation

The bundles incorporate all the dependency files that would normally get pulled in from a live Internet connection if you were installing that way, whereas the package file is just the one object. Possibly a bundle has not been recreated properly after a package update, but I'm not sure how you get away with installing just a package without then being asked for any additional supporting updates.

Can't be advanced, I just installed Blue Neon no trouble (thanks Ezra).

What happened to the avatars screensaver - or has that idea gone cold? Would it be possible to pull in the "top ten posters with avatars" each boot and randomise their allocation to digits?

What happened to the avatars screensaver - or has that idea gone cold? Would it be possible to pull in the "top ten posters with avatars" each boot and randomise their allocation to digits?

I will package Avatars up, the pictures have to be processed, so pulling them from the forum at boot time wouldn't be practicle, the order of the 'Top 10' doesn't change much anyway, as for ramdomising, the pictures are only read once at boot time, however they are obviously displayed in a different order 'As Time Goes By' so to speak

I was only trying to avoid arguments as to who got associated with any particular digit (and therefore frequency of occurrence).

I figured it could be driven from the WebIF - the screensaver config options just need to pick themselves a random set each boot (ready for next boot).

Back