Setting up wired network help HDR Fox Freeview

I agree with dragon-it, you should be connecting the hummy to your ROUTER not your PC.
Whether you use wifi or cable or homeplugs the result should be the same once you get ping working.
It should then be down to software setup.

bwizz - please answer the previous questions. It is frustrating when the path of enquiry keeps veering off.

1. When you conducted the trials I asked for, was the Humax connected to the router by WiFi or was it connected to the PC by cable - or something else?

2. Please confirm you have custom firmware installed on the Humax (this will shape the next test).

Jeez. 11 pages of mostly unconfirmed conjecture and vague replies to help offered to perform the simple task of connecting a hummy to a network since May 19th!! Two and a half months!! I don't believe it!! How hard can it be? Mine took about 30 mins. including the time it took for me to make a suitable Cat5 network cable. Connected the Hummy to the router. Went into the network setup on the Hummy to check the IP address that the router had given it. Used the IP address to map a network drive on my PC. Installed custom firmware etc. Job done. No problem. Is it because I was 'doing' a Foxsat HDR that "makes it so much easier than a T2"? Or is it really that easy.

I would suggest that only one person deals with the OP's problem, as all the side questions and suggestions seem to be clouding the issue and if the OP would be a bit more specific in his answers to direct questions, I'm certain that would make things easier as well.

Here's a couple to clarify things a bit to start with.
1. IS YOUR HUMMY CONNECTED TO YOUR ROUTER OR YOUR PC?
2. HOW IS IT CONNECTED? WiFi or network cable?

I agree with Trev, I'll drop out of discussion and leave it to BH, he seems to be holding the ball at the moment.

bwiz said:
CF Installed?
Why did you not answer BH and my questions? Have you got a phobia about answering questions in case the answers incriminate you?
@dragon-it. It wasn't even "Yes":frantic:
Edited to correct quote

Trev, I said something similar in entry #99 of this thread a while ago.
If only the OP would try to answer the questions asked, we might be able to help.

I have disconnected the cable. I do have samba firmware. It is not possible to connect the hummy to the router via cable

Jeez. 11 pages of mostly unconfirmed conjecture and vague replies to help offered to perform the simple task of connecting a hummy to a network since May 19th!! Two and a half months!! I don't believe it!! How hard can it be?
More like 12 months you mean !
See the OP's original post here back in May 2013. This guy is either incredibly dim, or a troll who is just winding you up. If he cannot first answer the three direct questions asked by BH in post #190 with direct answers then I suggest you should all just ignore all future posts from him.

Yes I'm incredibly dim and you are very clever ,quite humbling really to be advised but such knowledgeable people.

Problem is you are not taking the advice given. If you would just answer the questions BH gave you instead of replying to my comments then you might actually get somewhere. Otherwise you're just wasting your time.

Tv monitor details Pc end ethernet wireless
My humax is connected or not to my system via wireless dongle. post 209 I have disconnected the wired cable

What has 'Tv monitor details Pc end' got to do with anything ? We need to know about your router's wireless connections status not your PC. Sense you are making or not in your reply. Best of luck BH, you're going to need it on this one.

bwiz said:
Tv monitor details Pc end ethernet wireless
That makes no sense at all.
bwiz said:
My humax is connected or not to my system via wireless dongle
Well is it or isn't it?
bwiz said:
post 209 I have disconnected the wired cable
WTF has post ~209 got to do with it? Do you mean post 210?
raydon said:
or a troll who is just winding you up
I think you are right raydon. If this has been the case, he is not dim, but jolly smart to elicit two page and an 11 page threads. Must be proud of himself that it is working so well and causing people to waste so much time trying to help someone who obviously does not want to be helped.

I have a wireless dongle in my Humax , with this I hope to connect to my wireless netork. I am asking advice as to IF it is connected to my network! The cable is not and has not been connected throughout the series of questions asked by BH. I am using Samba firmware. BH asked me not to diversify into other questions/.answers
I am also aware that I cannot use wired and wireless at the same time in the humax box. I have tried both "Not at the same time" As I have been unable to achieve my quest with either

I have disconnected the cable. It is not possible to connect the hummy to the router via cable
Right. So your post 194 relates to the situation when your HDR-FOX is on WiFi, and so is the PC. Confirm?

I do have samba firmware.
Reading it literally, this is meaningless. This is why we are having so much difficulty - there is a terminology mismatch. Please try to stick to conventional terminology in your replies, otherwise we just get deeper and deeper into misunderstandings.

I'll take it you have CF (custom firmware) installed - otherwise the rest will be pretty pointless.

On your PC, start up your web browser (probably already using it to read the forum). Open a new tab and type "192.168.1.65" directly into the address bar. You should get the CF web interface. What does it say in the bottom right corner of the page (scroll down)?

BH, search his post history. You will find you were talking with him last year about pretty much the same thing - networking.

Back