'Sidecar' plug-in for the HDR/HD Fox T2

Does not the usual Windows method of putting it all in quotes work? Or do the quotes raise their own problems?
I don't remember the details at the moment, but there is something about passing a parameter by drag and drop which still fails (instead of opening a command line and calling up the .bat explicitly, a .bat can have a file dropped into it for processing in Explorer).

Last edited:
Sidecar v2.4 is now in the repository.
This version addresses the minor bugs in the generated .nts file as reported by prpr and MontysEvilTwin.
The problem with ampersands in the file name still exists, but is easily sorted by using the workaround of renaming the recording.
This problem is not with the sidecar binary, but with the webif plugin hooking mechanism.
It is caused by the command 'set rfile [cgi_get file]' in /mnt/hd2/mod/webif/plugin/sidecar/web/index.jim returning a truncated recording name when there is an ampersand in the name.
The same problem occurs with the DetectAds plugin when called from the webif Opt+ menu, as this uses the exact similar hooking code.
Hopefully af123 will be able to resolve this.

At /mod/lib/jim/cgi.tcl line 70, query parameters are extracted as below and inserted into a tcl dict used by cgi_get:
Code:
        set pairs [split $input &]
Filenames, and in fact all externally supplied parameter values, need to be encoded in the HTTP request (eg & -> %26) and then decoded after splitting the query parameters.

Last edited:
Sidecar v2.4 is now in the repository.
This version addresses the minor bugs in the generated .nts file as reported by prpr and MontysEvilTwin.
Thanks. It would help testing if you could update the Linux version (and the Wiki) when you have a moment.

Thanks. It would help testing if you could update the Linux version (and the Wiki) when you have a moment.
I intend to, but going on holiday for next two weeks. Will update when I get back. Linux version will be statically linked to enable it to run on any distro. Will also disable locking to allow multiple instances to run. May even release a Windows version if requested.

May even release a Windows version if requested.
It would even be useful for 2000T users.
However, I shouldn't be so lazy. I'm sure there is enough documentation out there to do this myself if I needed it. I just haven't got around to it.

It would even be useful for 2000T users.
However, I shouldn't be so lazy. I'm sure there is enough documentation out there to do this myself if I needed it. I just haven't got around to it.
Yes, I'm sure you could. Why not give it a try ?

I have now released statically linked Linux x86, and Windows x86 versions of sidecar v2.4.
Since there are no CPU restrictions, locking has been disabled in these versions to allow multiple instances to run simultaneously.

sidecar_2.4_windows_x86.zip http://filecloud.io/drqbk5j1c
sidecar_2.4_linux_x86.zip http://filecloud.io/4pi2uzmcx

Beware of imitations ! Anyone still using the hacked sidecar v2.3 Windows binary should update in order to take advantage of recent bugfixes and changes.

@Ezra Pound Could you do the honours with the wiki link updates please ?

I have now released statically linked Linux x86, and Windows x86 versions of sidecar v2.4.
Thanks, and hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Since there are no CPU restrictions, locking has been disabled in these versions to allow multiple instances to run simultaneously.
What CPU restrictions might you have been meaning?

Thanks, and hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Yes I did, very much thanks. :)
What CPU restrictions might you have been meaning?
Limitations might have been a better choice of word, but this isn't the AvP thread is it ?
I was referring to the fact that running multiple instances of sidecar on the box itself, would undoubtedly overload the CPU, whereas this restriction to a single instance does not apply to the more powerful CPU's fitted to PC's or laptops.

Last edited:

How difficult, if at all possible, would it be to tweak this so it can process .ts files from an old Humax 9200T? It now aborts with "ERROR: Source video packet size is 188 bytes, must be 192."

How difficult, if at all possible, would it be to tweak this so it can process .ts files from an old Humax 9200T? It now aborts with "ERROR: Source video packet size is 188 bytes, must be 192."
That's because native HDR video has 192 byte packet size (M2TS format) although recordings have the .ts extension.
Convert your source to .m2ts format with tsMuxeR GUI (very fast) then rename them to .ts before processing with sidecar.

Back