'Sidecar' plug-in for the HDR/HD Fox T2

It is safe to ignore this warning, at least with my files anyway, and open the zip.
I assumed so, and did so having downloaded with wget. Was just wondering whether anyone else was afflicted (obviously they are) and wondered what it was objecting about and how it had been categorised as bad. I'm not really any the wiser having had a look at those pages. FF gets more annoying every day, sadly.

I assumed so, and did so having downloaded with wget. Was just wondering whether anyone else was afflicted (obviously they are) and wondered what it was objecting about and how it had been categorised as bad. I'm not really any the wiser having had a look at those pages. FF gets more annoying every day, sadly.
It seems that all downloads from filecloud.io , not just my sidecar zips, have been blacklisted by Firefox/Mozilla. Can't see it being Google, since Google account credentials are used for login, before you're allowed to upload anything. Would they do this to a company they obviously have a commercial dealings with ?
I tried a couple of random test downloads from filecloud.io to confirm this. The first was a .rar file containing an .exe file, the second an unarchived video in .mkv format. Both were falsely flagged up by Firefox as containing a virus or malware. It's quite possible that file a hosting site as big as filecloud.io may unknowingly host the odd bit of malware, but to falsely flag everything ? Talk about using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut.

Both were falsely flagged up by Firefox as containing a virus or malware. It's quite possible that file a hosting site as big as filecloud.io may unknowingly host the odd bit of malware, but to falsely flag everything ?
Absolute stupidity then. People will just ignore the virus warning if they get endless false positives. Which will probably end with the inevitable consequences for some.

So chaps... I've been using the Sidecar plugin to generate the required files from old content imported onto the HDR Fox T2 from my previous Foxsat HDR. For the most part, the TS files spit out from that box can just have new Sidecar files generated automatically, for example some circa 2013 Jools Holland 1080i HD episodes just go and then you can fill in the EPG data later (handy so I can bookmark the artists I want to jump to).

However, I also have some The Blue Planet episodes in 1080i HD and despite also being from the Foxsat HDR and AFAIK never remuxed, they spit out the same error as 9200 era files would :-

"ERROR: Source video packet size is 188 bytes, must be 192."

Now as they're already on the box, and as someone previously mentioned I've installed hrwconv as someone recommended (still wouldn't create the files) so I figured I'm missing something. Do I need to log in to the box via telnet and pop in some terminal commands? I can take the long route and FTP all the files back on my HTPC and remux with tsmuxergui or maybe AV2HDR-T2 1.0 (incidentally is this the most recent version?) but I figured there's an easier solution that I'm not seeing yet.

Oh while I'm here is it me or can Sidecar not change the record date of the files like you can with AV2HDR-T2? Not a big deal because I can always just write it in the EPG text, more curious in my quest for adequate content creation (a nerdy proclamation if ever there was one).

Thanks in advance for any tips here.

So chaps... I've been using the Sidecar plugin to generate the required files from old content imported onto the HDR Fox T2 from my previous Foxsat HDR. For the most part, the TS files spit out from that box can just have new Sidecar files generated automatically, for example some circa 2013 Jools Holland 1080i HD episodes just go and then you can fill in the EPG data later (handy so I can bookmark the artists I want to jump to).

However, I also have some The Blue Planet episodes in 1080i HD and despite also being from the Foxsat HDR and AFAIK never remuxed, they spit out the same error as 9200 era files would :-

Now as they're already on the box, and as someone previously mentioned I've installed hrwconv as someone recommended (still wouldn't create the files) so I figured I'm missing something. Do I need to log in to the box via telnet and pop in some terminal commands? I can take the long route and FTP all the files back on my HTPC and remux with tsmuxergui or maybe AV2HDR-T2 1.0 (incidentally is this the most recent version?) but I figured there's an easier solution that I'm not seeing yet.

Oh while I'm here is it me or can Sidecar not change the record date of the files like you can with AV2HDR-T2? Not a big deal because I can always just write it in the EPG text, more curious in my quest for adequate content creation (a nerdy proclamation if ever there was one).

Thanks in advance for any tips here.
The problem with sidecar is caused by the imported video being in ts format rather than m2ts (the actual format used by the HDR-FOX). On the HDR-FOX you can remux to m2ts with ffmpeg and then rename the files as ts.
A script was created by oatcake to change the timestamp in a hmt file: see here. I tweaked oatcake's script a little. My version is available here.

The problem with sidecar is caused by the imported video being in ts format rather than m2ts (the actual format used by the HDR-FOX). On the HDR-FOX you can remux to m2ts with ffmpeg and then rename the files as ts.

Thanks for the reply.

So you're saying remuxing them is the only option?

Howcome the majority of TS files from the Foxsat HDR can be Sidecar'd and yet these particular ones cannot? Something different about the way the old sat box used to record from BBC TWO HD perhaps?

Thanks for the reply.

So you're saying remuxing them is the only option?

Howcome the majority of TS files from the Foxsat HDR can be Sidecar'd and yet these particular ones cannot? Something different about the way the old sat box used to record from BBC TWO HD perhaps?
I don't know the format that the Foxsat HDR uses, I'd presume that it would either be ts or m2ts, not a mixture of the two. Did you process some of the previous recordings with AV2HDR-T2? This would have remuxed the video too.
Remuxing with ffmpeg is quite quick and preserves the source quality. You will lose subtitles, but there is a workaround which can keep the audio description track and make both the main audio and the AD track playable.

This post seems to be a good summary of compatibility:

https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/foxsat-hdr-and-hdr-fox-t2-shared-external-hard-drive.3566/post-42411

Assuming all recordings are decrypted, the only real problem (ignoring sidecars) should be trying to play HDR-FOX HiDef recordings on a FOXSAT because the FOXSAT doesn't have the necessary AAC codec for the audio track.

But sidecar is intended to recreate the sidecar files for HDR-FOX recordings - we have no control over what is being imported from the FOXSAT. Just because imported naked .ts files play doesn't mean they have identical characteristics to native .ts files, and I guess that's what sidecar is baulking at.

If you really need to create sidecar files (not essential - all you have to do to make a FOXSAT recording playable on a HDR-FOX is delete the sidecars), and this wrinkle is standing in your way, a command line ffmpeg command will probably sort it for you. Maybe this would be enough (not tested):

ffmpeg -i <input file>.ts <output file>.m2ts

...then rename the output to .ts.

a command line ffmpeg command will probably sort it for you. Maybe this would be enough
It does and it is.
But hrwconv does it for you. The OP wasn't exactly explicit about how he was using it or not, only that he'd installed it. Nor did he provide a log of any output.

Many thanks to raydon for creating this, needed to convert files from a Foxsat HDR for use and editing in the HDR-T2, found copying across then using this sidecar plug-in everything was done, great. 👍

I don't know if this has been found before, I had a file that would not crop correctly (would loose last 3rd of recording on crop) possibly due to a mains spike occurring whist the file was being decrypted. Some disturbance in playback was noted in the decrypted file at the point the crop failed.

Rebuilding the NTS file with Sidecar fixed all the issues 👍

Hi there, I'm a more than satisfied user of Foxy. This morning I've been trying to download Raydon's Sidecar windows utility from the filecloud links in the wiki. I use Opera. Nothing happened, so I stopped ad blocking and refreshed, at which point I was asked to wait a moment, after which I was taken to another site where there was an attempt to sell me things. I tried Explorer, then my laptop (Opera and Vivaldi) then my phone, with similar results.

I'm scanning for malware here, but I thought I'd mention my experiences and ask whether someone could perhaps check the link?

Best wishes, David

Here's a quick question about importing non-native content and having sidecar build the support files. Is it worth setting TSmuxerGUI to "Always rebuild SEI and VUI data" or not bother? Mostly building Blu-ray raw rips as M2TS for the HDR Fox T2 works this way, but the odd one is really glitchy. I rebuilt one (Capote (2005)) that was glitching while setting TSmuxerGUI to "Never rebuild SEI/VUI" and it was fine after that."

Quite a long time ago
A box with 1.02.32 has the filename at offset 0x17F.
A box with 1.03.12 has the filename at offset 0x180, with a null byte at 0x17F which is why it produces a blank name.
It looks like Humax have changed the format of the .HMT file slightly. ...
And
Nice spot. The HDR 2000T uses offset 0x180 too by the looks of it. I'll update the hmt utility to handle both cases.

Unfortunately sidecar doesn't appear to clear byte 0x17F, which can result in hmt (updated as above) displaying a corrupt filename. From all indications the HMT filename isn't used by anything other than the hmt utility in the HD/HDR Fox T2 world, so this a bit of a nit.

A simple work-around for scripts using sidecar is to call hmt +patch8=0x17F:0 <hmt_file> afterwards.

Back