Simple cooling solution for the T2

Why? The subject of discussion is sufficiently different. Useful to have cross-references though.

That one discusses the fan package. Worth adding references but I don't think they should be merged.

Edit: cross-posted with BH.

I just thought that from scanning through it and looking at key points. Apart from it bringing the introduction of the fan package. It has BAMX's external fan mod that he described, both threads cover the pretty much seem to cover the same issue. That was all.
Maybe I am wrong.

I just thought that from scanning through it and looking at key points. Apart from it bringing the introduction of the fan package. It has BAMX's external fan mod that he described, both threads cover the pretty much seem to cover the same issue. That was all.
One thread is in the 'Recorder' section, the other is in 'Custom Firmware' - both correctly I'd say.
Merging them would either remove this non-CF cooling mod from the sight of most non-CF users or introduce a CF subject into the plain 'Recorder' section. So I don't think it would make sense.

Well it's all preferential really. I like mine to run at a pretty constant temperature rather than the cycling that occurs when using hummy fan alone (not with the CF fan package).
I'd personally rather have the hummy fan sitting ready and awaiting for use when needed (back up) rather than wearing the thing out (running it continuously with the CF fan package). So for me CF or not
this is the way I will keep my hummys running cool. I've Just purchased two more coolers so now all four of my units are now sitting atop their coolers and are about 20C - 22C above ambient.

I'd personally rather have the hummy fan sitting ready and awaiting for use when needed (back up) rather than wearing the thing out (running it continuously with the CF fan package).
How many reports have there been of HDR-FOX T2 fans actually failing? Ours is still going strong after more than five years.

How many reports have there been of HDR-FOX T2 fans actually failing? Ours is still going strong after more than five years.

Don't know and don't care. I'm going on 30 years of experience in general electronics fault find and repair and the large number of small fan failures I have seen over that time. And it's not restricted to small fans either. It really does depend on the manufacturer quality. The only ones I have not many failures on are EBMPAPST fans.

I'm going monitor the internal unit temperatures at different locations in side, running the fan package at about 50% in one unit and the other running the laptop cooler. Going to borrow some kit from work to do it. So once done I'll post my findings.

NN
You seem so obsessed with putting YOUR way across as if it is the only solution.:laugh: In the words of that great poet Disney "Let it go" :roflmao: Most of us are happy the way we are.

Also you seem to be so pessimistic. How many processor fans do you have for cooling your desktop computer, if you have one, most only have one! Just think of the catastrophic failure if that were to fail.
the large number of small fan failures I have seen over that time
Been in electronics and IT for 40 years and never had a fan fail, go noisy yes but fail completely no. I'll happily take the chance with my Humax fan.

Yes, the suggestion has been made and discussed at length already. It's there for anyone who wants it.

For what it's worth, I've had a fan fail in a desktop PC. Was so clogged up with dust that it would not spin even by hand.

I had a CPU fan fail on a remote PC on Boxing day. Luckily it was a (very!) hot spare machine so didn't cause a problem.

My notebook fan's bearing dried out - it was a bugger to strip down and access, but cleaned up and with a drop of grease it's fine again. I bought a spare for the shelf though!

Back