Since we'll all be locked in our houses, Coronavirus

You can all significantly reduce your chances of contracting Coronavirus by banning everyone apart from the designated user from ever touching your Hummy remote control. It may also save your sanity by restricting the amount of daytime soaps you have to endure whilst you and the Mrs are self isolating from the toilet roll looters marauding the streets outside.

Is it better to get it now or in a month's time?
Better not to get it at all, but if you are going to get it best get it before the hospital services are overwhelmed.

The question which does not appear to have been posed yet is how many deaths will arise, not from SARS-CoV-2 itself but from all the other life-threatening conditions which cannot be cared for because of lack of capacity.

You can all significantly reduce your chances of contracting Coronavirus by banning everyone apart from the designated user from ever touching your Hummy remote control.
I've got that sussed. been implemented years back

Is the 'cure' of all this economic devastation going to be worse than the original virus? I rather think it is. Probably going to kill more people too. I can foresee breakdown of society, anarchy, mass starvation etc. looming. It's not pretty and it's not very far away.
Anyone not in their mid/late teens or twenties is probably done for.

Better not to get it at all, but if you are going to get it best get it before the hospital services are overwhelmed.

The question which does not appear to have been posed yet is how many deaths will arise, not from SARS-CoV-2 itself but from all the other life-threatening conditions which cannot be cared for because of lack of capacity.
good question to which I don't really want to find the answer.

and all of that because some commie govt could not be asked to implement market practices in line with its dreamt about world leader status.

So next time you think commies can't do much damage and even ponder to vote them in, remember remember.

It’s all getting very serious, and close to home. Certainly cannot just shrug my shoulders any more.

My dad, 86 is in a care home with vascular dementia. My mum is 84 and visits him every day. They have been married 65 years.

I received a call from the home an hour ago stating they are in lock down. No visits, no exceptions.

I have to agree that the needs of the many out way the few, but try explaining to your devastated mum that she might not see her husband alive again.

Last edited:
It’s all getting very serious, and close to home. Certainly cannot just shrug my shoulders any more.

My dad, 86 is in a care home with vascular dementia. My mum is 84 and visits him every day. They have been married 65 years.

I received a call from the home an hour ago stating they are in lock down. No visits, no exceptions.

I have to agree that the needs of the many out way the few, but try explaining to your devastated mum that she might not see her husband alive again.
Not that I wish this on your dad but only just now heard a story by an italian in Lombardy where her neighbour's husband was taken to hospital, she was quarantined, he then died and she could not even attend the funeral being still in quarantine

good question to which I don't really want to find the answer.

and all of that because some commie govt could not be asked to implement market practices in line with its dreamt about world leader status.

So next time you think commies can't do much damage and even ponder to vote them in, remember remember.
Living in the UK it is not possible to vote for the Chinese Peoples' Party. There is no chance of a communist party coming to power in the UK, barring apocalypse of course, but the zombies would probably get us first.

Living in the UK it is not possible to vote for the Chinese Peoples' Party. There is no chance of a communist party coming to power in the UK, barring apocalypse of course, but the zombies would probably get us first.
of course, you're right. people did not vote the commies into power. but some did vote commie. that is why I said: remember remember

Do you mean the party that calls itself Labour? They do seem to have communist tenancies.

who else?
You're not seriously suggesting that the Labour Party are communists are you? Even under Corbyn they were no further left than a Scandinavian style social democratic party. Under Starmer they will be more like New Labour.
Are you really happy with a Trumpian populist, white-supremacist liar in charge? Especially with coronavirus, he is just making it up as he goes along and is downright dangerous.

I'm not saying it, they're brandishing it:

That was a joke, admittedly not very funny: it would hardly stand up in court. Do you have any idea what communism is? It is nothing that any of the main parties subscribe to. If Labour are communists then the Tories are fascists. I don't think either statement is true, but the latter is as reasonable an assessment as the former.

Back