Skip times

Starb7

Hi, is it possible to customise the skip times? I would like to edit the skip back time to say 3 seconds. I know you can edit the default times in Settings but i wanted to use other values.

TIA

Starb

Why aren't you asking this in the customised section of the forum?

I seem to remember something coming up about this, but I can't find anything on the forum.

Hi, is it possible to customise the skip times? I would like to edit the skip back time to say 3 seconds.
Probably. They are settings in a database like lots of others, so could well be customisable.
I take it you are running the CF?

Something like this would appear to do for 'backwards'. Both Get and Set versions shown:
Code:
humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/setup.db "select itemValue from tbl_menuconfig where itemName='INSTANT_REPLAY';"
humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/setup.db "update tbl_menuconfig set itemValue=3 where itemName='INSTANT_REPLAY';"
The other itemName for 'forwards' is called 'SKIP_FORWARD'.

Last edited:
Why aren't you asking this in the customised section of the forum?

I seem to remember something coming up about this, but I can't find anything on the forum.

Because this is not a Customised feature yet, AFAIK. So, are you saying I should make the presumption that it will be customisable or, as I have done, ask as a Generic product question?

Thanks

p.s. Where is th e'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder - Customised Section'?

Probably. They are settings in a database like lots of others, so could well be customisable.
I take it you are running the CF?

Something like this would appear to do for backwards. Both Get and Set versions shown:
Code:
humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/setup.db "select itemValue from tbl_menuconfig where itemName='INSTANT_REPLAY';"
humax# sqlite3 /var/lib/humaxtv/setup.db "update tbl_menuconfig set itemValue=3 where itemName='INSTANT_REPLAY';"
The other itemName for forwards is called 'SKIP_FORWARD'.

Thanks, I'll take a look at this, presuming I can find my way into the databases! Cheers, Paul

Thanks, I'll take a look at this, presuming I can find my way into the databases!
You don't need to "find my way into the databases". If you have the custom firmware installed then you fire up telnet and at the command line issue the second command that prpr has listed.

Because this is not a Customised feature yet, AFAIK. So, are you saying I should make the presumption that it will be customisable or, as I have done, ask as a Generic product question?
This makes no sense to me. You have already said you know where the standard options are for configuring the skip times, and in your first post specifically asked whether it can be customised.

Where is th e'HDR-FOX T2 Freeview Recorder - Customised Section'?
Really??? Start here: https://hummy.tv/forum/threads/new-readers-start-here.839/

Hi prpr, done it and is just what I wanted, works spot on! Cheers, P
You can find your way around the configuration database, and therefore have the CF installed all along, but don't know where the customised section of the forum is??

Yes, this is a subject for the custom section, because posts in the vanilla section are assumed not to implicate the CF.

Perhaps a mod. could move this to the Customised section then?

Last edited:
Thanks all for he input. Black Hole, I have to say, I find your responses curt and unhelpful however, I have noted your comment and the links to the Customised section. Once you know what or where something is, it's then obvious but until that point, everybody needs help and guidance, I am sure you did at some point. As prpr says, if it can be moved that's great, if not, just delete it. Thanks.

You might find me curt, but I find you excessively defensive.
Hardly surprising though considering your first response - we all make errors and I didn't need that kind of reply when looking for help.
That aside, perhaps I was over defensive and for that I apologise to you. Thanks.

But why would you bother reading that, even if you knew of its existence and could find it without your useful link, before posting?

Back