Smart meters, less smart companies

It's like those eejits who ride around on their pushbikes with shirts saying "the zero emissions option."

It all depends what you just ate, mate! Not if it was burger and chips! The human body is inefficient at transforming food into energy, and a couple who eat carefully and ride in an efficient car can have less environmental impact than two pushbikes ridden by people who do not eat carefully.

It's like those eejits who ride around on their pushbikes with shirts saying "the zero emissions option."

It all depends what you just ate, mate! Not if it was burger and chips! The human body is inefficient at transforming food into energy, and a couple who eat carefully and ride in an efficient car can have less environmental impact than two pushbikes ridden by people who do not eat carefully.
Not to mention the emissions that came from manufacturing their pushbikes and transporting them to the shop they bought them from.

My current supplier, Avro, isn't on that list so I did a bit of digging and found according to Which? "Avro Energy has not published its fuel mix yet".
I just left them after 2 years, and saved loadsa money.🥳

They all supply the mix that comes out of the pipe or wire. As far as I know, they are sellers not producers.

I just left them after 2 years, and saved loadsa money.🥳
I've been swapping suppliers every year or eighteen months and sometimes I've jumped ship within a few months. Despite their at times serious shortcomings I've stayed with Avro for three deals as they've been the cheapest option. The current deal (Simple & Superfixed) is 10% cheaper what's currently the cheapest and on top of than I got a £140 broader group Warm Home Discount credit last winter, and applied on day one for this season's.

I've been swapping suppliers every year or eighteen months and sometimes I've jumped ship within a few months. Despite their at times serious shortcomings I've stayed with Avro for three deals as they've been the cheapest option. The current deal (Simple & Superfixed) is 10% cheaper what's currently the cheapest and on top of than I got a £140 broader group Warm Home Discount credit last winter, and applied on day one for this season's.
I don't disagree, it is a decent company, apart from its web site, which is difficult to read in light green on white.

It all depends on usage. Our mix of 5000kwh electricity and 27000kwh gas was just too expensive on their tariff. Plus, at my age, I have to look after my eyesight.🙈

To be fair, they did respond to my complaints about legibility of their site

It all depends on usage. Our mix of 5000kwh electricity and 27000kwh gas was just too expensive on their tariff.
The figures here are E: 2500kWhr G: 8300kWhr for a three-bed link-detatched on the edge of Guildford. £54pm on the current deal.

Oh, I didn't realise that gas was a 'sustainable' fuel.
It isn't. The point is that we'll end up with gas backup if we don't have enough nuclear to cover the times when there is no solar or wind production. What are we going to use. Something that is instantly available - that would be gas.

What a load of bollox, apart from keeping a phone longer. 1.4%????? Why don't these bleedin' tree huggers go to China to help them sort out all there new coal fired power stations.
It's costing all of us in UP bleeding zillions. What's the point unless everyone does it. And don't give me that sh1te about 'leading from the front' when doing so will make absolutely no difference apart from emptying everyone's' wallets PDQ..

Why don't these bleedin' tree huggers go to China to help them sort out all there new coal fired power stations.
Well apart from the current travel difficulties, the smog in China probably upsets their poor lungs (although I bet the odd spliff doesn't).

The figures here are E: 2500kWhr G: 8300kWhr for a three-bed link-detatched on the edge of Guildford. £54pm on the current deal.
We can double that ££ exactly, but we are at home all the time, hence bills!

Plus detached and it's colder up North!🥶

PS Given our huge gas usage, our fuel deal isn't sounding so bad!

Back