software or channel update

Well how do you update software then please only I cant see an option for software only chanels
Either by connecting the box to the Internet (although the last I heard the roll out of the current software version had been paused because of some problem reports) or by by downloading a file from the Humax support site, unzipping it and copying it to a USB pen drive that you insert into the Humax.

It is connected to the internetbut I cant see any of the new update and , when its installed will ut wipe to factory settings please

It is connected to the internetbut I cant see any of the new update and , when its installed will ut wipe to factory settings please
As I said, the last thing I heard was that Humax had paused the roll out of the latest software so until that restarts you can't get the update over the Internet. No the update will not reset the settings but will wipe the schedule of future recordings; however the latest version of the software will retain, as far as possible, the schedule in future.

Edit: According to Barry over at myhumax.org the update is now available again over the Internet. What version is your box currently using?

Last edited:
I downloaded the update directly from the humax website and found it a big improvement for me because they have got rid of the external drive bug. Although I guess if they have updated again I have to update again. Anyone know the latest version number?

On the FVP-4000T how do you perform a software update please and what is the latest version of the FVP-4000T software? Also, does it tell you when a new update is ready and install it automatically or do you have to look for one.?

On the FVP-4000T how do you perform a software update please and what is the latest version of the FVP-4000T software? Also, does it tell you when a new update is ready and install it automatically or do you have to look for one.?
I have merged your new thread with your previous thread on the subject. The latest released version has not changed.

Humax web page detailing current latest software release and instructions for loading it:

Note that (at the time of writing) the current software* release is 1.02.13, and the download button for the latest version does not display the version number (the second download button is for a previous version of software, and shows the version number).

IMG_2507.jpg

According to the user manual (also downloadable from the web site above), as long as the unit is connected to the Internet (which means wiring it to your router by Ethernet cable or configuring WiFi), you can also check for a new version of software (and presumably update it if a new version is found) from the system menus:

IMG_2508.jpg

[The above] is largely correct for owners of the RM-L08 remote control (supplied with newer FVP-4000T boxes), but for owners of older boxes with the RM-L03 remote control, there is no 'FreeviewPlay' button, so all references to this should be replaced by the 'HOME' button.

I don't have an FVP-4000T to check, but I have little doubt it is possible to read the current installed software version from the same System Information menu, and I also expect that the unit is perfectly capable of updating itself automatically if it discovers a new version of the software exists. From the "Trouble Shooting" section of the manual, under "Cannot update the new software":

IMG_2509.jpg

There is... no need to use the rear USB port, the side one also works, and in my experience is much more convenient to access.

Note the part which reads "If your product stays connected to the network, everytime [sic] you turn off the product [ie standby, not "off"] it will search for any updates available on air [Internet, not broadcast]". In other words: if you leave the unit on all the time (or only turn it off to recover from a crash), it will never automatically check for a software update.

That all seems pretty clear to me. Are you saying this doesn't work? If it does work, why are you worried about it?

when its installed will ut wipe to factory settings please
I don't have one to check, but I do not expect it to restore factory defaults as a result of updating the software. The HDR-FOX doesn't, and logically if a unit reset all the user configuration (tuning, recording schedule, output preferences, etc etc) as a result of software update, there would be a lot of very annoyed Humax customers every time there was a new software release automatically downloaded and applied.

* Humax call it "software", an engineer (ie me) would prefer to call it firmware.

Last edited:
The information posted by Black Hole is largely correct for owners of the RM-L08 remote control (supplied with newer FVP-4000T boxes), but for owners of older boxes with the RM-L03 remote control, there is no 'FreeviewPlay' button, so all references to this should be replaced by the 'HOME' button. There is also no need to use the rear USB port, the side one also works, and in my experience is much more convenient to access.

The word I'm objecting to is "largely". It's only appropriate if you know at least one detail is incorrect (in which case please specify for the benefit of all), and otherwise is belittling. Damned by faint praise, one might say.

But I suspect the documents pre-date the release of the revised remote control.
How can the documents predate the revised handset if they explicitly refer to a button that only appears on the revised handset?

What detail is not correct (within the stated parameters)? Any errors are within Humax's own documentation.
The incorrect details are in the Humax documentation, I have already mentioned the USB port, there is also the part about saving the software to an empty USB stick, this is not necessary.

Please could someone advise me? I have the Humax FVP-4000T I have a problem where the picture and sound are constantly freezing like a stuttering. Signal test show both strength and quality at 100%. I have tried removing the airel and retuning to reset then replacing airel and retuning channels. I don't know what else I can do?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Just do a full reset without wiping recordings

Please could someone advise me? I have the Humax FVP-4000T I have a problem where the picture and sound are constantly freezing like a stuttering. Signal test show both strength and quality at 100%. I have tried removing the airel and retuning to reset then replacing airel and retuning channels. I don't know what else I can do?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back